Cleaning tongs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Have been doing a few vintage styles lately and using tongs a lot.
The setting spray I'm using leaves a horrible residue on my new white tongs and is really hard to remove :0(
Anyone any tricks how to clean them?
Thanks x

Noooooo!! Don't clean them!! Tongs work better and grip hair better a bit dirty!

I once got told off seriously!! For cleaning my ex boss's tongs she had been using for 17 years!! X

I never knew that Bluerinse! I've not had to clean tongs before, but when ive needed to clean my straighteners I've used a tiny dab of peroxide on some cotton wool. Probably not a brilliant idea, but it works a treat!

For straightners I use window cleaner after I ran hot straightners on a damp towel x

Noooooo!! Don't clean them!! Tongs work better and grip hair better a bit dirty!

I once got told off seriously!! For cleaning my ex boss's tongs she had been using for 17 years!! X

I have never heard this before now, so the scum isn't all bad then:p
Its kinda gone plum in colour even though the setting spray is clear and last used on 2 blondes. Don't know where the colour has come from. Would hate it to leave a residue in someones hair.

hmmmm, might try the peroxide x

Window cleaner :) my old boss always used to say the same about tongs but straighteners he used to say always clean them with clear window cleaner not sure why it had to be clear :s x

Methylated spirit dabbed onto cotton wool works but make sure you wipe off with damp cotton wool after or the hair will stink lol! :)

Hello
Baby wipes take off all the product build up off
hairdryers, tongs, ghds, chairs.
Once I showed the juniors it was like
Mary poppins in our Salon with everyone trying it and
the salon was gunk free in no time :D

I have the same problem on my white tongs so will try some of these ideas :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

baby wipes are magic for taking stuff off!! we had paint splatters on some of the back mirrors and BABY WIPES!! took it clean off I was amazed! great for all the tongs/straighteners gunk lol

Brill, I'll give the baby wipes a go :0)

Baby wipes do everything. I use them with bleach to clean the toilet save wasting dishcloths or keeping a cloth you know was used on a toilet. I use baby wipes on my flat irons when hot ad it's like wiping water up with a towel xoxo

Just reading this thinking i do that! ha ha! Baby wipes and window cleaner, however i have been known to get a dab of clippercide to give it a tiny glide, then buff with a yellow cloth! great result. xoxo

Latest posts

Back