Cleansing after massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
Please bear with me as I pretty much have no idea where I'm going with this...

Basically I have always been told I have 'healing hands' and have often given friends and family massages when they are stressed/worked up/have migraines etc... And it's always helped.
I've had no previous training in massage so it was all purely in jest really.

I'm now trained in Indian head massage and facials and am finding that I'm taking on people's ailments from doing this.

I'm not really a believer in the overly holistic side of things so found it quite strange that this is happening.
I do the step away and shake type things we were taught after IHM but I'm finding I'm still taking on people's aches after.
Especially after facials...I'm now suffering a lot from sinus pain.

So this could all be coincidence but I just wondered if anyone else found this or had any advice?
I've heard about cleansing crystals and things but have no idea!

Sorry to waffle on!

Any advice? Xx

When you did your IHM course, did they teach you any grounding techniques to do before you begin your treatment?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yes but I don't think she went into it in enough detail. Pretty much position yourself, visualise a white light and bobs your uncle.
But clearly there's a LOT more to it than that.
I don't do too many IHM as I didn't rate the training so I only do "mini" versions as part of a package.

I think I need to find out a bit more about this side of it.
Can you recommend some good literature? X

I am out at the moment, when I get to my laptop I will send you some links.

X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you soooo much :hug:
X

Ideally, its well worth grounding yourself. Realistically, if youre doing clients back to back and dont have time for that, be empathetic of your client but try not to tune into their energy too much. Rightly or wrongly, that seems to work for me.

You can get rid of someone's energy after massage by washing your hands up to elbows. Let the water run down arms taking away the energy with it.

I'm going to have to do some research into this. I totally underestimated how much this can effect us.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!! Xx

It might help for u to undergo a healing or reiki course this will teach u how to push away the negative energies xxx

Grounding is one of those skills that you either get or dont i find and mood can affect this too. I find it helps to have a nice scent from essentail oils to clear the air and energies out of the room and help the client to release the enegeries but not cling to you. I have been told a good book to read is psychic vampires and teaches you hw to block energies but i havent read so cannot comment on whether it works or not. Sometimes i find letting my mind wander is nice and doesnt allow the clients energies to enter me but you must ensure you keep up your high standards with your treatments.

If you feel you need some healing then check out your local spiritualist church. You will find the healer is mostly reiki trained and its free.

Me think my teach taught us was after a treatment take off a pretend pair off gloves and flush them down the toilet and then was your hands up the elbow and let the water flow down your arm into the sink.

Kirsty

Latest posts

Back