Clear Gel Polish Over Normal Nail Varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue2101

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive seen an advert in a Nail Magazine about a Clear Gel polish that cures like all these new gel polish systems, but it goes over normal nail polish.
The advert highlighted that there was no need to fork out buing colours in the new gel systems just stick to your normail polish and the top coat cures in the UV lamps.

Does anyone know what this is or anything similar?

Thankyou xxx

Sounds like chromagel, there is a thread started already on this, take a look to see whats being said, think what was putting alot of techs off this product is the fact that you have to wait until the polish is completley dry before appling the gel.........:!:

Or it could be TT new product she just released called Tammy Taylor Miracle Manicure.
I've read good and bad reviews about this product so it sounds like it's one of those ones that you would definitely have to try for yourself to make your own mind up.

surely it's basically a UV gel top coat??

I have used my normal uvgel topcoat over my polish. Works fine! Only use it on clients with strong nails though because any flexing on nail will crack it as it will only be a thin layer of gel... The polish does need to be DRY though.. X

Hmmmm do you think this could be done with shellac. The colours are limited but if the top coat was put over any polish. Of course it couldn't be sold as 14 day wear but for my own personal use it would be great.

I have used my normal uvgel topcoat over my polish. Works fine! Only use it on clients with strong nails though because any flexing on nail will crack it as it will only be a thin layer of gel... The polish does need to be DRY though.. X

yep, i do this also and clients love it, ive never used shellac, gelish etc infact i have had clients come my way because their old therapists started doing the alternative and they did not like it at all and with very good feedback x

I've used the sealer for axxium soak of gel over normal nail polisj and its lasted. As someone said before you need to wait till the polish is totally dry. I've only tried this on my own nails as I don't know how practical it would be time wise. I've been waiting 45mins to an hour before applying the top coat. It works fine on my own nails but I think I'll stick to a full shellac system for my clients

Ive jsut found it and yes it's Chroma Gel.
So is it just a topcoat along the same lines of the Gel Polish, Normal Basecoat and Varnish with this to finish. Im not convinced as the Shellac and other Gel Systems sound amazing im just wandering if its worth having to hand just incase one day someone wants there own colour to last for an occasion and the option would be there for them with the understanding it wasnt going to last as a full Gel Polish System
Thankyou Again everyone!

yep, i do this also and clients love it, ive never used shellac, gelish etc infact i have had clients come my way because their old therapists started doing the alternative and they did not like it at all and with very good feedback x
Hi, Can I ask what UV topcoat you use then? I tried a Millenium UV Topcoat that stated it was actually for use over nail polish but it was rubbish, took the colour off when you wiped the inhibition layer off at the end. Does your one leave a tacky inhibition layer behind or is it tack free? How many mins curing time?. Sorry for all the q's but I've got an elderley lady coming and she wants just normal nail polish (not gel/polish hybrid) but with a longer lasting topcoat as she said nail polish (even professional manis) never last more than a day or 2. So this might be just what Ive been searching for.....
Thanks xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back