Clear gel top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeouscouture

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any recommendations of a clear gel top coat to apply over acrylic nails?? Also can this be applied over a polished nail?

I use Nsi glaze and go over acrylics it's great , as far as I know it can't be put over nail polish tho I've done it once and it's cracked after a while x

Hi, I have used that in the past, but I found it cracked and flaked off, maybe I am doing something wrong ?

Hi, there's a high chance the polish will crack if you are applying gel top coat over a normal nail polish. I work at a nail bar and we can't seem to find a solution apart from don't mix the two! My guess is they must react with eachother causing the polish to crack. It might not happen straight after applying, it could happen 3 days later etc. Best to use one or the other, hope this helps! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use NSI Glaze & Go over Acrylics and love it!!
Only use it over clean acrylics though(acrylics without a polish on top) as it cracks over polish!
I had problems with it cracking over clean acrylics/gels at first as well, I checked my bulbs and then made sure my coat of glaze & go was neither too thin nor too thick and it sorted the problem. Also don't over cure it it only needs 90 seconds in the lamp :)
I've had no problems since and I ultimately swear by it! Clients looooove the shine :D
Hope this helps!
Xxxxx

Latest posts

Back