Clear or natural tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koko23

Reaction score
Hey

Just wondering what you prefer when doing acrylics ?

Clear or natural tips ?

Also if you are doing acrylic with gel polish do you use clear acrylic or natural white ?

Xx

Depends on the final look. If it's french then natural tips so the white has an opaque base to ensure total coverage.

If I'm doing glitter then clear so the light can shine through from underneath to maximise sparkle.

Personally I always use clear product to overlay so I can see what is going on underneath at rebalance/gel polish change. More opportunity to check for greenies/damage/issues. There are loads of techs who use coverage powders, it's personal choice really. As long as your gel polish is pigmented enough the product underneath is irrelevant

I feel when I use clear I struggle to see what I'm doing ? Anyone else feel like this ? Am I better using white until I get more experienced? Xx

I feel when I use clear I struggle to see what I'm doing ? Anyone else feel like this ? Am I better using white until I get more experienced? Xx

Use natural then, avoid white tips like the plague

Sorry I meant white acrylic ? Xxx

Sorry I meant white acrylic ? Xxx

Nope, I'd steer clear of full white nails until you are super skilled and confident. There are natural semi opaque powders and clear pinks which will give you better visibility. It can be hard with clear

Latest posts

Back