Client all of a sudden cancelling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsbeautyx

Reaction score
Hi again...

I've recently started renting a room within a hairdressers after being mobile, I text all my clients explaining id be working from the salon as of July but if any of them required mobile services id be happy to still visit them as they were all loyal ladies, I just wouldn't be taking on any new mobile clients.

I got a reply back from one of my ladies to just cancel her next appointment and that she would re book, she didn't even mention anything about my new beauty room, which I found odd as I had always been very open with clients about always wanting a beauty room/salon. They always knew it was a dream for me.

Anyway, I've sent group messages out to my lady on a few occasions since regarding offers and available appointments (like I usually would) but I still hadn't heard anything back from her, not even to rebook.

I messaged her again today because I had her booked in for at least a 2 hr appointment in August and just wanted to know if things were ok and if she wanted to keep that appointment or not. She replied 'yes please cancel that too' - as blunt as that!

What should I do? What would you do? It's just odd of her. I hope I haven't done anything to annoy/upset her, I'm sure I haven't! But it's bugging me, especially as she actually owes me £5! She didn't quite have the cash on her last time so I said not to worry about it, I'll grab it off her next time. I know it's only a fiver and I don't want to be petty but it's all very odd!

You've done as much as you can really. Accept you may have lost out on your fiver.
Keep your client on your general mailing list the same as any client to keep the contact open.
Perhaps she has something going on in her life and it's a private matter.

I've recently had a client reappear after six months of no contact. She had been ill (obviously something serious) but she didn't want to tell me about it when she came for an appointment .

We just have to respect their private lives . It might be financial difficulties.

Sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason! Don't take it personally hun x

Clients come & go, you mustn't take it personally. I have had a whole family come regularly but don't anymore as they have a friend who has just finished training & is now working from home so I guess it's cheaper for them to go there but they still like all my fb posts! Others disappear then come back after a long time but I never ask them why they stopped coming as its their choice & don't want to make them uncomfortable. It's naughty that she owes you money though, she should have dropped it into you, clients like that you can do without!

I sometimes feel like it is something we have done. But I have to remind myself, they are clients not friends and it is not personal. Sometimes people just move out the area or they have a break for a while, we find that with Gel nails then they come back. Or they shave for a few months then come back to us for their waxing. We have had clients that only come in the summer so we don't see them for a year, then they pop up again. It could be so many reasons, it's best not to look to deep into it it will drive you mad!

Also, sometimes it's easy to misjudge the tone of a text message - it can seem abrupt, but the client doesn't necessarily mean it that way. As others said, perhaps there's something else going on that she's having to deal with at the moment, and her beauty appointments might have had to take a back seat for now.

Thanks ladies - I always take things more to heart than I should!

I would just send her a reply say:

Hi xx
Thank you for letting me know, I will get the apt cancelled for you.

Unfortunately as you have no apts currently booked in with me, I will need the outstanding amount of £5 paid within the next xxx amount of days to clear your account.

The amount can be paid by card, cash or via BACS for your convenience.

Kind regards

Xxx

From personal experience, I wouldn't take it to heart. I have had to fee my home due to 9 years of domestic violence in which my ex OH tried to kill me repeatedly.

I had my beauty therapist called me again and again regarding a brow apt and nail polishes I ordered while I was fleeing my home this week.

I can tell you my brows and nail polishes are the last thing on my mind at the moment and she got a rather abrupt response from me after the 6th call :(

From personal experience, I wouldn't take it to heart. I have had to fee my home due to 9 years of domestic violence in which my ex OH tried to kill me repeatedly.

I had my beauty therapist called me again and again regarding a brow apt and nail polishes I ordered while I was fleeing my home this week.

I can tell you my brows and nail polishes are the last thing on my mind at the moment and she got a rather abrupt response from me after the 6th call :(
Omg that's awful for you. Well done for finding the courage to leave. Hope your somewhere safe and ok. Xxx

Good on you for the courage to leave.

I hope life keep on improving for you from that point.

Its probably something personal as suggested by the others.
The fact she replied to your message is a good sign to me. It means she dosnt want to ignore you completely leaving the option to come back to you open

Latest posts

Back