Client asking for black tipped French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, please see picture attached. How would i recieve this so perfectly? Client asking for it.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Bernie Gold and Black.jpg
    Bernie Gold and Black.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 631
Tell her to go and dig in the dirt in her garden ::wink2: my kids nails look like this after a day of making mud pies.

Wouldn't it just be the same as a French but using different colours? If you're good at French you should be able to achieve this. If not: practise, practise, practise.

you would do it the same was as a traditional french application. just instead of pink and white, it's gold and black :)

Just regular polish or gel Shellac Etc.. Could be done a few ways,xxx What are you thinking of using.x

Thanks for replies. I can do French no probs but it's with soak off gel she wants it. Do you think this picture may be photo shopped? It looks far too perfect!

That picture looks like Minx or similar to me rather than being painted.

Doesn't look photo shopped to me - the gold looks like foil tho.
However theres no reason why this can't be acheived just as perfectly with polish of any type.

What is it about the pic that makes you think its too perfect? I aim for all my French polishes of whatever colour to be perfect :cool:

For shellac, I'd use a dark base, full coverage of bronze additives, seal that in with clearly pink then do black tip perfecting smile line with d sperse if needs be.

It does look photoshopped. The black is one solid colour, no shine or anything like the rest of the picture. If you look at the gold there is depth and difference in colour where the light hits it. Someone has either photoshopped the black straight on or edited the black to the point where it has become flat but there's no reason at all why the OP can't achieve this look without the use of computer trickery :)

Edit: If you open up the picture and zoom in you can see around the black it is pixelated where as every where else is smooth so its definately been edited

It does look photoshopped. The black is one solid colour, no shine or anything like the rest of the picture. If you look at the gold there is depth and difference in colour where the light hits it. Someone has either photoshopped the black straight on or edited the black to the point where it has become flat but there's no reason at all why the OP can't achieve this look without the use of computer trickery :)

Edit: If you open up the picture and zoom in you can see around the black it is pixelated where as every where else is smooth so its definately been edited

I don't do nails but seen it
On the recents list. And agree its photoshopped, a very poor and obvious photoshop too. Although the technician where I am often does French in different colours xoxo

That's what I was going to say! The black doesn't look like polish. I would be using Gelish black and gold.
I'm quite confident doing nails but there is just no way it's going to look as perfect as this. I just hope she doesn't expect it.

Doesn't look photo shopped to me - the gold looks like foil tho.
However theres no reason why this can't be acheived just as perfectly with polish of any type.

What is it about the pic that makes you think its too perfect? I aim for all my French polishes of whatever colour to be perfect :cool:

Really?

I use photoshop, I agree that it looks photoshopped.

That aside, I would do full coverage of gold then just black french. I actually really like this, may have to do it on myself lol

Looks photo shopped to me too!

I am fairly good at a normal French but must say I shy away from using other colours which sounds ridiculous. I usually use the whites of the free edge as a guide for my white application but something makes me nervous about using another colour. I must practice!

May give these a go, thanks OP!

Definitely photoshopped Hun! Just checked with my 17 year old daughters who know everything! Lol! Xx

Definitely photoshopped Hun! Just checked with my 17 year old daughters who know everything! Lol! Xx

Oh well that settles it! Lol! They do know everything!

no doubt black is photoshopped, it just looks detached from the whole image. Gold looks like nail wrap.

I would do it like a normal french just put 2 coats of black to give it a nice coverage. This is if I used Shellac

My very first reaction to seeing this photo was "photoshopped". Still though theres nothing to stop you giving your client this look even though it will be slightly different for obvious reasons.

You could just do a french with polish, or you could use additives to create a gold l&p then do a forever french using black polymer and your custom gold blend on zones 2&3, or you could use shellac. If she's not bothered about the exact shade on zones 2&3 you could use iced cappucino then paint zone 1 in blackpool, or again you could use your additives to make gold on zones 2&3, then a blackpool tip. OR.... if she wants more bling, do a gold rockstar on zones 2/3, then add the black tip

Latest posts

Back