Client complaint. Help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaqule

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope some one can give me some advice and make me feel a little better. I have looked through the thread client problem solving but my problem is not really 'nails falling off'.

I had a client come to me who had applied 'glue on nails' from boots for years and said this had resulted in her nails being dreadful and bumpy (ridges) all over. She asked my advice on what I could do. I am still fairly new to nails but have trained with Creative. The client had seen another of my client's nails with forever french l&p acrylic enhancements and said I want mine like those.

My professional judgement was that the tips may not stay on her nails with the ridges but I could try overlaying her natural nails with acrylic with the aim to improve their appearance and see if the damage would grow out. Was I wrong to think this??

I said I could not guarantee that the acrylic would stay on due to natural nails but she still wanted me to do them.

As she left the salon she was really happy and even posted on facebook how thrilled she was with them.

Sorry this is long...

She had booked a rebalance app but a few days before she said she couldn't make it. I gave her app to someone else but then when I said I now couldn't fit her in till next week she said it didn't matter.

I have been away for the weekend and got back to a really upsetting answer phone massage saying she wants her money back!! "I was not happy with them after a couple of days actually and I have now gone somewhere else who have put tips on for me and they are a million times better. .... and so on ...

I know they were ok after 3 days because I saw them and she was still showing them off! I would have gladly fixed any problems if they had been brought to my attention straight away but now????

I just want the world to eat me up:sad::sad::sad:

What should I do??

x x x

Client care! WE CARE

thats the moto at my nail spa, we communicate with our clients as if they were the most important people to us, in fact, they are, without them there is no business, no income, and a bad reputation.

point to note, when you get new clients like that, you may have to win them over, get their trust in you, this is through communication. My clients ping me on Blackberry and send update of their nails, yeh thats a bit too far for some, but its what makes coming to my spa as oppose to next door. Well, thats how I run my business, not saying you should, but people love to feel special, and when I can do that for my clients, they always return. Put yourself in your client's shoes. BTW if you are new, people sense it, so thats another factor. also practice practice practice. call up the client and apoligise, give her a gift certificate for next month, sound sincere over the phone.

I hope this helps.

Susan

NOT EVEN!! Make repairs in the first 24 hours. After that--tough luck. All repairs cost per nail. She just wants her money back so she can spend it at the new salon--if she was that unhappy with her nails or there had been issues in the first 24 hours, I could see reimbursing her or repairing her problems. But not that much later! That's just someone looking to get a free set! Cut your losses and move on!

She should, and would, have said not long after. To go onto facebook and say she was happy is just hinting towards her trying to pull a fast one to me.... She has thought... hmmm newbie salon, lacking a little in confidence maybe, i'll get my money back!

Just explain to her that any problems should have been dealt with at the time, and that you needed to have seen the condition of her nails as soon as a problem became apparent, to even begin to consider a refund.

If you are soft on her, you'll end up a soft touch to others. You already said she was a client on recommendation because she saw someone elses nice nails......

Be strong chicken, I know its early days and best to get these situations out of the way now, that way you can be confident in dealing with (the occasional!) clients like this in future. See it as a learning curve.

Let us know how you get on with her. hth x x

It sounds like you have had some great advice. Moving on is totally the best option. If she is all bragging about how much she loves them to everyone she knows, and then turning around 3 weeks later changing her mind, what leg does she really have to stand on?

Yeah customers are customers, and they are the basis of your business, but customers are also human, and humans come in many many different kinds! I wouldn't worry about her anymore, if she spread anything about you that was bad, her clever friends will probably not take her seriously anyways....

Your heart was in the right place trying to come up with the best solution for her damaged nails... that is the responsible, caring attitude that most clients will really appreciate. :)

I hope you feel better *HUGZ* ;)

-Tracey-

Latest posts

Back