Client did not pay for fitting due to slight shade difference

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get when she COLOURED her hai? Before you did the extensions or after? In which case why hasn't she paid already..I'm confused :(

I know i was just thinking the same x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

In my opinion:
Total disaster.
I'd just leave it and let it be a lesson learnt, as to me it sounds like both you and your client are wrong!
You should of never mentioned any colours as this is classed as recommendation.
Your client shouldn't of coloured the extensions.
You shouldn't of fit them as she refused professional colouring.
She shouldn't be having extensions if she doesn't want to pay a professional for a colour, if she won't do this then how do you know she will buy the correct after care?

This type of consultation flashes red warning lights at me straight away, if a client shows me this type of lazy attitude I refuse the services, as they are all walking and talking advertisements for me!

Let this be your lesson and learn from it, it is awful that your out if pocket but there's nothing that can be done x

Oops sorry it posted twice I lost connection :(

If she refused to pay after you fitted them then I would have asked her if I could remove the then and there

I agree, full removal would of been done without payment x

I have to disagree with a few posts, I was very professional in every way and therefore this fault was the clients not mine. To clear up confusion colour match I had done matched clients hair when I cam to fit her hair I did not know she was redying her hair red which had resulted in her own hair going darker which then meant her extensions did not match correctly, client was happy to go ahead with fitting, I had advised on getting a hairdresser to correct her hair colour but instead she dyed her hair extensions after I fitted them she wasn't willing to pay until she had dyed them and beacause she did not listen to my advice and just done what she wanted resulted in colour match not maching. At the end of the day I have done my job and used my skills and time and should have still got paid for fitting even though it was her error, the client did not want her extensions removed, she wanted them kept in so therefore there was not much I could do even though I was firm and told her that she really needed a hairdresser but she didn't want the extra costs. X

I have to disagree with a few posts, I was very professional in every way and therefore this fault was the clients not mine. To clear up confusion colour match I had done matched clients hair when I cam to fit her hair I did not know she was redying her hair red which had resulted in her own hair going darker which then meant her extensions did not match correctly, client was happy to go ahead with fitting, I had advised on getting a hairdresser to correct her hair colour but instead she dyed her hair extensions after I fitted them she wasn't willing to pay until she had dyed them and beacause she did not listen to my advice and just done what she wanted resulted in colour match not maching. At the end of the day I have done my job and used my skills and time and should have still got paid for fitting even though it was her error, the client did not want her extensions removed, she wanted them kept in so therefore there was not much I could do even though I was firm and told her that she really needed a hairdresser but she didn't want the extra costs. X

So she COLOURED her hair after you applied extensions?

Sorry sweetie as I said above you should just learn from your mistakes

I know you used your time and skills but once you realised that hair did not match you shouldn't of carried on! You also should of asked for payment upfront.
This client has you right where she needs you so that you sort of do not have a leg to stand on if it was taken further.

Colour matching is one of the most important parts, and your extensions did not match.
As for you saying that is not your fault, it sort of is because during consultation you should of asked this! My questions always involve 'is this the colour you will be staying' 'will you be visiting a salon prior to your fitting as I'm also a hairdresser so can provide any colouring' xxx

Sorry to say it but why didn't you take payment after fitting? Clearly you need a business skills course xoxo

I had advised on getting a hairdresser to correct her hair colour but instead she dyed her hair extensions after I fitted them she wasn't willing to pay until she had dyed them X

So the fact that the colour doesn't match is entirely down to the client?

I think the solution is pretty simple. Take her to the small claims court for non payment. You performed a service and she left without paying.

The rest of the story is irrelevant. Additionally, I'd argue that after she coloured her extensions, she invalidated any guarantee that you might have given her!

Small Claims is a relatively simple process and I think you should get on with it. It will send her (and any of her pals) the message that you are not a pushover, which you have been up until now.

Show you mean business!

You shouldn't of left without her paying you!

I would not have fitted them unless they were and exact match. I would not let the client leave without paying. unproffesional on your level. You need to be firm..

Latest posts

Back