Client ended up muddy brown from going elsewhere

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstylist2010

Reaction score
Hey,

One of my clients has gone elsewhere and had a disaster they aren't prepared to fix. She went from a full head of bleach and 20vol with 8,0 and 20vol highlights to a muddy khaki brown which she is really upset. They did a full head of highlights and then managed to turn the whole lot khaki. Her end aim was a honey blonde around a base 7 but it's a mess. I'm popping to take some strand pieces tomorrow and all being well was thinking of doing a full head bleach with 10 vol highlights to lift out the muddy brown and toning them with diarichesse 8,3 over the top to bring them down to a warm blonde. What do you think to this combination? I'll take a final judgement tomorrow after strand tests...I'm worried the 8,3 won't be warm enough..

A had an almost identical situation recently! A new client had went from a full head bleach highlights, another salon applied richesse 7 for about 40 minutes that turned it too dark, and then it washed out to a khaki tone.

I removed the khaki first by applying a powder bleach mixture with a VERY low developer to the lengths and ends like a virgin pre-lightener using cotton wool to protect the roots.

I rinsed each section about 5 minutes apart and and the colour was a really nice sandy golden colour. We did further tone the colour because we were taking her to an ombre, but she look a picture so she could go that colour in the summer.

I would try removing the khaki tone first, even if it is a quick 'bleach bath' before you start the highlights, to ensure it doesn't look muddy, and it will probably lift out really quickly since she is blonde underneath. =)

Remember gold is next to green on the colour chart so if you add gold to green it will just Enhance it- you need some copper in it

Remember gold is next to green on the colour chart so if you add gold to green it will just Enhance it- you need some copper in it

What about if she were to apply a base with red in it would that counteract the khaki ? I know she said it's too dark I'm just thinking if that would work xx

What about if she were to apply a base with red in it would that counteract the khaki ? I know she said it's too dark I'm just thinking if that would work xx

Copper would be enough to counteract it and red would be too warm wouldn't it?

I was going to use diarichesse because she said it felt so dry.

I'm thinking to tell her to ditch the whole honey blonde look and just go for getting the blonde highlights a nice colour. I think bleach bathing her will scare her but i'm thinking the highlights might be enough to break up the other colour.

Diarichesse don't do a 8,43 for which is ideally what i want....how would i achieve this?

Isn't there an 8.34 in dialight?

Copper would be enough to counteract it and red would be too warm wouldn't it?

Yeah I was thinking that was just wondering if the red wouldn't go to warm cos it would be counteracting the green 👍

I'm testing some 8,34 and 8,33 pieces now to see how they turn out. Definetly needs the blonder highlights though, they have made her so grey and flat!!

Latest posts

Back