Client firing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I have a client who I've been meaning to fire for some time now and a perfect opportunity has arisen where she has moved out of the distance that I normally travel to. It isn't the other side of the country but it is a good hours drive and I'm trying to figure out what to say to her.
She will probably offer me more money for travelling extra distance but unfortunatley she's an extremely difficult client at the best of times and I just don't want to do her hair anymore.

What exactly should I say to her?

Say due to traveling time you wouldn't be able to do it as you wouldn't have time for other clients.

Put it as it'd be 2 hours drive, then if it's a colour she has about an hour to do it, processing time, and cut and finish.
Say to do it you'd need to book 4/5 hours which is a day's work 😉
You'd need to charge her double what she normally pays

Nice one! Thanks!

lol I need to sack one of mine too. I even tried booking in soooo far away so that she would go somewhere else but no she's waiting 😂. I'm not mean honest I could go into all the things about why she should be sacked but I would be here all night lol.

If you tell her you'll have to charge double, would you be happy to do it? If you really want to fire her you need it to not be up for debate.

I would simply say you're having to cut back on hours worked and won't be able to travel the distance. If she has already booked in, call her and say that after giving it some thought it really is too far to travel and you're having to cut down on hours.

Some clients aren't even worth double!

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Tell her you sold your car... or quit hairdressing lol 😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I fired a client because I had to park quite a few streets away and it was always making me late for the appointment. She didn't like it but I've not missed driving around to find parking with a decent walking distance.

Latest posts

Back