Client has a white patch on her nail ... please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cathie, sorry but what is pitting???? :o

xxxx

hiya

Pitting is like little dents in the nail plate usually found in ezcema cases or psorias cases

Onycholysis is the painless separation of the nail from the nail bed. This is a common problem. It can be a sign of skin disease, an infection or the result of injury, but most cases are seen in women with long fingernails.

Discoloration underneath the nail may occur as a result of secondary infection.
Spontaneous separation of the nail plate starts at the distal free margin and progresses proximally. Less often, nail plate separation may begin at the proximal nail (base) and extend to the free edge. The nail plate is separated from underlying and/or lateral supporting structures.

Nail plate separation can be confined to the nail's lateral borders (rare).

Thanks for that Debbie,

No she only has onycholysis on her nails not pitting.

xxxx

Nails-for-you said:
hiya

Pitting is like little dents in the nail plate usually found in ezcema cases or psorias cases

Onycholysis is the painless separation of the nail from the nail bed. This is a common problem. It can be a sign of skin disease, an infection or the result of injury, but most cases are seen in women with long fingernails.

Discoloration underneath the nail may occur as a result of secondary infection.
Spontaneous separation of the nail plate starts at the distal free margin and progresses proximally. Less often, nail plate separation may begin at the proximal nail (base) and extend to the free edge. The nail plate is separated from underlying and/or lateral supporting structures.

Nail plate separation can be confined to the nail's lateral borders (rare).

Hi peeps,

Just recieved a call from my client, she went to the doctor today and he has given her a letter to give to me to say that I can continue with any nail treatments. She didn't get into detail about what he said it was, I think I'm gonna wait until I see his letter to me.

Not trying to be funny, but I did explain in my letter what acrylic is, but what does a doctor know about acrylic??? What if I put overlays on her nails and they get worse?

Should I rather wait until the nails have healed before doing overlays for her???

xxxx

Thank you for that Diane, what a great read!!!!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back