Client has foliculitus?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
ive been doing brazillians on the same client for the last 4 months and she came in to me on Thursday saying I have ruined her hoilday because she has foliculitus and cannot be waxed again.

She used to have strip wax at the salon I wok at but changed to hot wax when I came to the salon because I wont use strip on imtimate areas.
She loved it, said it was less painful etc.

I last waxed her 8 weeks ago, she came in 2 weeks ago and she had a slight blister looking thing and said it was sore, so I advised her that I wouldnt wax her due to it looking sore and advised her to go to the doctors

She then came in on thursday saying I have given her foliculitus and I have ruined her holiday.

Now ive never come across this.
Its knocked my confidence what can I do?

Sorry for the long post x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Read up about it and as long as you know that everything you did was hygienic, sterilised and clean then it was probably caused by something that your client did, ie took a hot bath too soon, tight clothes in that area. Google it and the causes and then speak to your client and tell her how it could have happened and how aftercare advise is very important, good luck and these things happen but its more than likely something she has maybe done x

*STRONG ADVICE*

Let your insurance company know about the situation asap and before entering into dialogue with the client about possible causes and/or who/what is to blame.

I have read up on this and there are so many causes of it. I thought this occurred too if you don't exfoliate after being waxed or shaven?
It isn't a serious serious thing like a burn or anything though? But I don't really see why you could or should take the blame for this? Or have I missed something?? :/

I have read up on it and I dont see hoe its my fault.
I throw every spatula away oncr used I never double dip etc, so everything is clean.

Shes gone away for 3 weeks so see when shes back, its my bosses neice so I dont know what to do, ive spoken to the girl I work with and shes said she came in the day aftee I saw her and got waxed with strip wax.
Surely thats going to make it worse?

Im just confused don't want it to be my fault as I dont want a bad name :( x

Folliculitis can actually be really serious! I had it all over my lower legs and some of the lumps were huge (not one of my better looks...). I was on antibiotics and had to have my legs elevated whenever I sat down! I remember the GP said that it can deteriorate quite quickly.

So when she came in with the first issue and you turned her away, she came in the next day and got waxed by someone else? If thats the case then no, it has nothing to do with you.

You need to ask whether she exfoliated, if she has been wearing tight clothing after, sunbed, excessive heat etc. You need to ask her about her aftercare but if she was last waxed by someone else then its not your issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are many causes of folliculutis and often it's due to clients not following aftercare and doing things that can cause the follicles to become infected.
As already been said say nothing until she comes back to you with more information then you can get a clearer picture of what happened and if the outbreak happened after the other wax she had

Good luck

Jack

Check out your record cards and double check when she came in and what she had done. That's what records are for, looking back on and keeping notes.

Latest posts

Back