Client has said 10% is lighter than 8%?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
One of my regulars has been having spray tans using Sienna x 8%. This week she asked to go darker so we used 10% but she's said it's come out even lighter than usual. Has anyone else experienced this? She's asking for a respray too. Not sure if I should respray with 8 or 10 either. Any advice would be great. TIA xx

Did you have your gun on the exact same setting as when you applied the 8?
I use sienna X and the 10 is definitely darker than the 8. The only time I found otherwise was the week I first trained and practiced on my brother using the 8. I had my gun on too high and hosed him down till he was soaking wet in the 8 LOL. He turned out like id rubbed oxo all over him 😊. Thankfully it was him I practiced the gun setting on but now I know the exact setting for the best coverage. Xx

Did you have your gun on the exact same setting as when you applied the 8?
I use sienna X and the 10 is definitely darker than the 8. The only time I found otherwise was the week I first trained and practiced on my brother using the 8. I had my gun on too high and hosed him down till he was soaking wet in the 8 LOL. He turned out like id rubbed oxo all over him 😊. Thankfully it was him I practiced the gun setting on but now I know the exact setting for the best coverage. Xx

Thanks for your reply Katie. Think I've got my gun settings and routine well practiced so didn't think it was that. Always use around 50ml per tan pretty consistently too.

Any advice on what to respray with? Normally would call sienna x with queries like this but being a weekend I'd rather reply to the client this evening. Also what's everyone's opinion on whether to charge for the respray as she wasn't happy with the initial result.

Thanks xx

Yeah if your using 50ml that's spot on. Baffled as to why she feels its lighter. I personally would only re spray with the 8 if its 24/48 hours after she's had it done. Charging is a personal thing. If she's a regular i would probably just not charge to keep her loyal. If you've never done her before and think she could use someone else after you I'd possibly charge. When you see her id just ask did she use anything ie- dove or imperial leather body wash afterward. They strip the tan down. Also hormones can cause changes in developing. I've got a lady who goes really dark and her guide tan goes very green when it's her time of the month. These are just some of the joys of working in the industry. 😉x

It's a bit odd how it's lighter. Maybe she didn't leave it to develop as long as she normally does?

I'd just do a 8% over the top if she would like re-sprayed.

Thanks. Yes will prob go with the 8. All prep and aftercare was the same but I forgot to ask re time of the month, could well be a hormonal thing.

Latest posts

Back