Client having problems... hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddisonhair

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I don't normally ask for advice but I need a wee bit of help on this one. I fitted a client with 22 inch stick tips from Lush Us, when it came to her 6-8 repositioning, I couldn't reposition them as the bonds were so soft. So, I took them out, and rebonded them myself.

All went well, bonds were nice and neat and solid! Refitted them and now 2 weeks later, she text me to say the bonds are soft again! :irked:

I've fitted extensions on this client a few times and this is the first time she has had problems, it is also the first time I have used Lush Us hair on her. She follows the correct aftercare also so the problem doesn't lie there.

The only thing I can think of, is that her hair is so very greasy that it may be affecting the bonds? I'm just stumped because it hasn't happened before!

It's costing me money and a lot of time to keep fixing them for her for no extra charge, I need to try and find a solution!

i think you've answered your own question. If the client is using the correct products the bonds wouldn't soften. Clients with excesseive natural oils sometimes just aren't suitable for extensions. If you usually cut some of the tip off you could try leaving it whole so that the seal isn't broken allowing the natural oils in - or advise your client to use a dry shampoo to her root area daily as this would take some of the oils away from the bonds. This probably won't help with this fitting as once the bonds are softened they stay that way hth x

i think you've answered your own question. If the client is using the correct products the bonds wouldn't soften. Clients with excesseive natural oils sometimes just aren't suitable for extensions. If you usually cut some of the tip off you could try leaving it whole so that the seal isn't broken allowing the natural oils in - or advise your client to use a dry shampoo to her root area daily as this would take some of the oils away from the bonds. This probably won't help with this fitting as once the bonds are softened they stay that way hth x

Thank you :) I didn't cut the stick tips but I do think it is because her hair is overly oily. Although, I used a different supplier the first time round and this didnt happen! Now I'm just baffled! And have no idea how to fix the problem. Unless I can find really strong keratin that isn't likely to go soft! x

Latest posts

Back