Client - I NEED SOME!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
I am really starting to panic!

I am doing a beauty course in September - but before this I wanted to do some other courses so that I can earn some money at this when I have to go to college full time. Also I wanted to start getting some clients now.

At the min I have had an introductory offer on for 2 months - which is ending in 2 weeks for spray tans for £15 (usually £25 - or they will be £25 when the offer runs out). I have had hardly anyone - well probably 3 people! and 2 of them were friends and didnt even no bout the introductory offer just wanted it done!

I have had 5,000 flyers printed and have put these in gyms, clothes shops, hairdressers etc.

I am also doing a promtion day at a gym in a few weeks where I am tanning for free - and hopefully will gain clients from this. I wrote to about 30 gyms and only 1 took me up on this offer.

What else can I do?

Please help! x

Hi Hun
You say that you are doing your course in September - have you passed a separate course in Tanning prior to this then and sorted out insurance etc as I really wouldn't recommend charging clients if you have not got a qualification/insurance.
Have you tried door to door leaflet drops; going to local schools and asking for your leaflets to be put in kid's bags to take home; local slimming groups etc (always a good one to target!). What about advertising "Tanning Parties" and the host of the party gets "tanned" for free and everyone else gets a discounted tan?
Have you tried wedding dress shops or florists as quite often a bride and her bridesmaids want to look nice and tanned for hen nights/the wedding itself?
HTH x

Yes I am qualified, I do hold a certificate and have got insurance. Just in Tanning -the rest of the beauty I will be starting in September.

Yes I have printed up offers etc - so maybe just doing more door to door leaflet drops will be the answer!

And I suppose it all comes with time

Thanks for your help.

You could always go out to the street and spray the hand of everyone who walks by you while a friend stuffs a flyer in their other hand and they'll either come back to you to finish the job or use your details to sue you....

Okay i'm just being silly but...

It takes time to build a client base and word of mouth is your best friend. Try and offer something that no-one else around you does no matter how silly it just has to be enough to stick in someones mind. I dunno like offer tan tattoo's. Really silly and hardly anyone will take you up on it but it could be weird enough to give you the edge!

Drop leaflets in everyone's door you can get to! It will come and once you do your beauty it will happen faster x

Hi Hayley I have been trying to send you some info but keeps bouncing back to me any idea why? Is there any other email contact? In the mean time I'll just keep on trying!!
It's getting a bt like playing ping pong with the servers!!!

Latest posts

Back