Client ignored my request not to eat nuts and seeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My email was tactful

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424026282.894250.jpg

I wish i was tactful 😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I just want to reassure my fellow geeks I am now feeling a lot better today.

I haven't heard back from the client yet.

I just want to reassure my fellow geeks I am now feeling a lot better today.

I haven't heard back from the client yet.

Glad you are feeling better and I imagine you won't hear from the client again. With any luck they will feel bad about it.

What a nasty cow! What if you had been severely allergic? She wouldn't have known it was only mild. Was she going to sit and giggle when you dropped to the floor not being able to breathe? You did right sending her an email. You don't need to be concerned for your health every time she walks through the door.

Without being too nasty, her and her fried were very ignorant.

She couldn't get her head round the fact the when back coming the hair near the crown you can do it in sections (she wanted a big matted hair ball like the way she did It) or that a wet set meant having the hair wet, put in curlers and dried under a dryer.

I did explain before I started and when she booked what the process was, yet in went in one ear and out the other.

She asked how much my mousse, curlers, hair dyer, flat, airbrush gun, makeup cost. She asked how much my partner earned....while sucking

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424185236.008170.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424185236.008170.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 484
A a aah! She sounds lovely........

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Reactions: LCB
Without being too nasty, her and her fried were very ignorant.

She couldn't get her head round the fact the when back coming the hair near the crown you can do it in sections (she wanted a big matted hair ball like the way she did It) or that a wet set meant having the hair wet, put in curlers and dried under a dryer.

I did explain before I started and when she booked what the process was, yet in went in one ear and out the other.

She asked how much my mousse, curlers, hair dyer, flat, airbrush gun, makeup cost. She asked how much my partner earned....while sucking

on the plus .. you did a lovely job on the hair!

Thanks Hun!

Her hair was very short and I added extensions

Poor you, I do hope you are feeling better! Unfortunately some people are completely ignorant and inconsiderate. You do not want a repeat performance of this. I would put signs up saying no nuts and seeds and if anyone disobeys, chuck them out. If you decide to see this client again, you should mention the fact you ended up in A&E shortly after her appointment and that you will not be allowing her to eat in the salon again. If you have breathing difficulties it's not mild, so don't apologize to rude clients. You have to factor in the time you spend recuperating from an asthma attack, going to hospital etc and think carefully if it is worth it treating such ignorant clients again. I would ask them once not to eat in the salon and if they refuse, politely show them the door. It's not worth it risking your health to please people like that.

. If someone said to me. 'l don't allow people to eat nuts in the salon cos I'm allergic to them'. I'm embarassed to say I think they were being a bit off, as assumed people only reacted if they ate them
If they said,' no nuts in the salon as I am severely allergic and just exposure to tiny dust particles can give me breathing difficulties.......then I'd understand!
Glad you're feeling better

You poor girl I hope you are feeling better now!
I know airlines stopped giving nuts with drinks years ago because they were aware how serious it could be.
My sister works in the food industry and I know that food preparation with anything containing nuts has to be done in a separate area. Small residues can contaminate other food products.
I have to say you really were stoic I would have stopped immediately!

Ok, so I have let people know I'm allergic to nuts.

I have had last week one physco clients daughter (both are nurses) try and sell/offer me an epi pen even though I don't have a prescriptions or been told I need.

She eve said she would epi pen me if she thought I was having an reaction.

Wonder what the gmc would say about this?

when my kids were younger, the school adopted a strict no nuts policy including lunchboxes and snacks, even requesting by personal letter to every family that if children had, say, crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast, please please brush their teeth as three children at the school had allergies so severe that even being breathed on by someone with "nut breath" could trigger anaphylactic shock.

i'm sure if a school with 480 children in it can find it in themselves to respect this, to that degree, it's really not asking very much of clients.

If you get anaphylactic reactions, you need to get an Epipen. Your doctor will write you a prescription - it's not a big deal to get one, but it's a huge deal if you don't have one and you NEED one.

I carry an epipen for nut and tree fruit allergies, and I used to carry a liquid antihistamine syrup (like liquid Benedryl) so I could take some as soon as I knew I was having a reaction.

The nurses you met should have advocated that you get a prescription from your doctor, but if you were going into anaphylactic shock in front of me, and I knew I had an Epipen in my bag, yes, I would be tempted to use it on you if you looked you were entering the danger zone (not able to breathe, losing consciousness). Sometimes a delay of even just a few minutes can mean death.

Please keep in mind that reactions can change. You might react a small amount to an allergen, but the next time might be a lot worse. Be prepared and make sure you've got your own supplies with you. Also, teach the people around you how to help you if you need it (typically, people going into allergic shock tend to try to dismiss the feeling, or they will try to run away to get away from other people, even though that's the worst thing they could do).

Keep safe, okay?

I'm not being heartless but can you not just put a few signs up stating that nuts or food in general should not be allowed on the premises?

And get an epipen

Please, please get an epi pen. Reactions tend to get worse over time so it is some important that you get one.

I would agree with putting up signs but I would probably just say no food at all as sometimes it can be hard to tell if something contains nuts or not so it is not worth the risk.

I think that you were totally correct refusing further treatments.

Just a quick update!

The client emailed me last night to say ....

I'm very disappointed that I will now have to find someone else.

Just a quick update!

Well, that says it all then, doesn't it? :eek:

Would she be more disappointed if you'd gone into fully anaphylactic shock in front of her and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance? Imagine her inconvenience if you'd actually gone and died on her?

I'm glad you put your foot down, you don't need people like her in your business.

Just a quick update!

How strange that she has to get a whole new hairdresser because she cannot go without eating nuts and seeds during an appointment!

Could she not eat crisps? Or a cereal bar? Or *gasp* not eat anything at all..?

That may sound harsh but I think she was being very very selfish. Glad to hear you're O.K x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back