Client nail length query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trops

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

This may sound like a silly question but I've had a few clients asking me during Gel polish, could I keep the length of their longer nails even if they have some shorter nails.

What I'm wanting to know is, what do you say to this and do you tend to file the clients nails down to all the same size, even if only one is short and the others are long?

I would suggest a slightly shorter length on the long ones to balance it out without taking it all off but ultimately i'd do what they wanted.
I probably wouldn't take pictures for facebook or anything though incase people thought i were unable to get them even lol.

I get this a lot. People want to cling to what long nails they have! If its only one I'll convince them to just take the others down a tiny bit but I dont take photos etc or anything. If its a few nails I'll tell them straight out its going to look ridiculous and then leave the decision up to them, some still opt to leave them all wonky. Its frustrating I know.

Yes it seems so many people want this. So strange! For myself I'd rather have them all short than odd lengths but you have to do as the client asks. Some are quite precious about their longer ones.

Interesting points! Thanks for your replies btw and also good point about taking no pics for Facebook! What about if it's a french manicure, would you insist on them all the same length? or just try to insist then give in perhaps lol x

If it's one or two shorts ones, I'll tip them.

I get this a lot too and I usually sculpt one with soak off gel to even them up. I use CND Shellac primarily and I find that Brisa Lite works like a charm, no buffing to prep the nail and it soaks right off so no infilling needed. By their next mani, there is usually enough to even up anyways.
I think Gelish makes a similar product and I've put Gelish on Brisa Lite before so I know it works.

Attitude.
Does the gel polish have the strength for a tip?

aw its so annoying when they want french, I usually bully them into making them all the same length for french. I just say straight out its going to look stupid if all the white tips are the different sizes. Although I did make an expection a week ago when one lady was going to an event and refused to let me file them the same length. Her argument was that no one would notice they were all odd. I wasnt bothered arguing so just said ok. God I hope no one asks her who did her nails because they would be thinking Im a gobshite and cant do french at all evenly.

Latest posts

Back