Client not happy with her LA weave and hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I've had a client message me saying she's dissapointed with her hair. She had a la weave with beauty works gold weft and then some of her old extensions added around the sides and top for extra hair (these were stick tips fitted with copper tubes).

Yesterday she was texting me saying she loves her hair sending me pictures and saying she will leave me a review and now she's texted me today saying she's very dissapointed with it?:/

So she has texted me saying she dosnt feel it blends enough round the sides.. And that The stick tips have came out (these stick tips had already been used twice before so the bonds were quite crushed and she dyed her hair after the fitting so I don't know if that would make a difference but i did push the copper tubes each way as tight as possible).

As for the weave not being enough hair, I did mention during the consultation going for bonds or micro beads as I think you will need 200grams of hair were as the gold weft only has 150grams and may not blend as well. But she still wanted to go ahead with the gold weft so I said okay. Later on that night I texted her saying I still think we order another weft a celebrity choice weft just Incase we need anymore but she said no and said she'll bring her old extensions (the stick tips).

She then said one strip of the weave has came loose on one side so I texted my 3 other clients that have a la weave done by me all of them have had them in for over 3 weeks with no slippage or problems at all so why has hers came loose after two days?:/!

I have offered to correct the problem for her and apologised for her not being happy with them but she said she ''hasn't got time for me too fix the problem because it took me so long to fit the hair in the first place and fitting a la weave should only take a hour''. It took me around 3 hours but I have only been doing extensions for 4 months. She also said she has bought a curved needled and thread herself.

I paid £200 for her beauty works weft, I only made £70 profit for myself so I don't know what to suggest to her? I have offered to correct the problem and she's not interested :( it's kind of knocked my confidence now :( hate clients not being happy with there hair!

You will always get these sort of clients... You can't please everyone, first of all the £70 extra that you are talking about is not profit, it's the amount you have charged for the 4 hours of service you provided to fit the hair... Tell her there is nothing wrong with the hair so you will not be refunding if that is what she is looking for, if you want to correct it tell her that is the only option.

You will always get these sort of clients... You can't please everyone, first of all the £70 extra that you are talking about is not profit, it's the amount you have charged for the 4 hours of service you provided to fit the hair... Tell her there is nothing wrong with the hair so you will not be refunding if that is what she is looking for, if you want to correct it tell her that is the only option.
Thankyou, yeah just annoyed me abit because Saturday the day after I fitted it she was saying she loves it but then today saying she's very dissapointed and that the stick tips came out within a few hours of the fitting.. But she didn't mention this too me the day I fitted it or the day after so think she was just looking for some sort of refund X

i think your client just sounds abit of a pain in the arse! ive been doin the la weave method for just over a year now,
i also started with beauty works and recently scrapped them. i had a few problems with their hair and found i often got sent "bad batches"of hair, it started with my sisters hair (my trial run lol) and her hair shedded too quickly and really lost its length in no time. i put it down to her curling her hair lots and moaned at her about aftercare, i also then ordered myself a gold weft (im blonde) and within one week my hair would not stop matting and shedding so i sent it back to be tested, as i tell all my clients about aftercare i surely follow it myself, i sent BW a very polite leter explaining this and they wasnt interested and sent me back the hair saying there was nothing wrong with it. i was really peed off about this as there was definatly something wrong with it. i think there customer service is awful,

ask your client what it is about the hair that she doesnt like, as this may be part of the problem, i am not saying BW are not good as ive had many clients that are happy with their hair and it lasted a long time, only two full paying out of my whole clientele ive had 2 clients where there jsut simply hasnt lasted.

with regards to thread slipping when two others havent i would say thats fairly normal, i still have the odd client where it slips, you never stop learning,

if that lady was so unhappy with her hair she would want you to fx it asap.

if you would like to i have a instagram page that you can follow i post all my work on here, and i know i found it nice to see others work and how they do things when i had just started!

its
"rosiewalkerhairdressing)

rosie x

i think your client just sounds abit of a pain in the arse! ive been doin the la weave method for just over a year now,
i also started with beauty works and recently scrapped them. i had a few problems with their hair and found i often got sent "bad batches"of hair, it started with my sisters hair (my trial run lol) and her hair shedded too quickly and really lost its length in no time. i put it down to her curling her hair lots and moaned at her about aftercare, i also then ordered myself a gold weft (im blonde) and within one week my hair would not stop matting and shedding so i sent it back to be tested, as i tell all my clients about aftercare i surely follow it myself, i sent BW a very polite leter explaining this and they wasnt interested and sent me back the hair saying there was nothing wrong with it. i was really peed off about this as there was definatly something wrong with it. i think there customer service is awful,

ask your client what it is about the hair that she doesnt like, as this may be part of the problem, i am not saying BW are not good as ive had many clients that are happy with their hair and it lasted a long time, only two full paying out of my whole clientele ive had 2 clients where there jsut simply hasnt lasted.

with regards to thread slipping when two others havent i would say thats fairly normal, i still have the odd client where it slips, you never stop learning,

if that lady was so unhappy with her hair she would want you to fx it asap.

if you would like to i have a instagram page that you can follow i post all my work on here, and i know i found it nice to see others work and how they do things when i had just started!

its
"rosiewalkerhairdressing)

rosie x

I agree I have stopped using them a while ago, the quality is not that good any more. I use now Glamlox hair extensions for my middle range, the hair is much better quality and the price is really good.

Snap this has just happened to me too

Ive stopped using beauty works now! Really dry i find not worth the money in my opinion

Don't get upset no matter how good you are you will get clients complaining !

It takes me about 2-3 hours to fit cut blend and style la weaves, i wont rush for anybody so dont get down about the time it takes euther, we all work at different paces, i just soend a little extra time cutting it and making it look as natural as possible x

Last edited:
It also takes me about 2-3 hours for a full head and I have been doing it a year now! I refuse to rush, plus I like to talk to my clients! One lady i did last week, who had been to someone else previously, (who pushed up the micro rings in her la weave and her hair was so matted!!) said it used to take this girl half an hour for a refit, but she was saying it in a positive way that i take my time.

My clients prefer it too i don't like anyone doing my hair and feeling like there rushing, id rather sit there for longer and know its done properly

Latest posts

Back