Client not having the full amount of money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I do hair extensions and On three occasions I've had clients when it comes to paying after I've done there hair they are £10 short or don't have the full amount..

even though I text them all how much it will be to bring on the appointment and I don't change the price.

Is there any way of taking payment before I start the service? I don't want to straight up ask for the money as I know in salons you normally pay when the service is finished .. id just like to make sure they defiantly have the correct amount of money on them before I start and that they know the price.

As there isn't a cash point by my house I struggle on what to suggest as some live awhile away and say they don't know how to transfer the remaining amount over to me.

Thanks for any replies!

I tell them to bank transfer me it while they're there. People try there luck xx

Lots of my clients pay by bank transfer especially if a big amount. Works well and the money is clear immediately.

Are you taking a 50% deposit on the bookings so the client has less to stump up on the day?

If you take plastic, insist amounts over xxx are paid this way. That way you punch in the right amount!

".....Oh, I don't seem to have enough money on me.....:oops: can I pay you next time.....NEXT TIME!!!!
Next time NEVER comes......:mad:
I hate these situations, but we shouldn't be the ones left feeling awkward.
Take the advise of the others.....and get them to pay up front! ;)

Ive had this a few times too.. Or "Is it ok to pay half my fitting charge today and the other half when I get paid next week?' Errr no it's not haha I struggle to ask for the money before a fitting takes place, feels rude but I'm looking for ideas also lol xx

For extensions I always state that consultations are free of charge but full payment needs to be made when booking the hair extension appointment.
My clients are happy to do that and it's more relaxing for both when they have them done as they don't have to worry about paying

Maybe google a programme called SumUp .. Its basically like a visa/credit card machine thats amazing for at home .. Really compact and you work it through an app on your phone and it goes straight to your bank account .. i think its on sale at the moment on their site so the terminal is only like maybe 30 or 40 euro not sure of pounds xx

Simply tell your clients when they book that the full amount of Xxx is due before the service. I take payment before each manicure service because wet nails and purses don't mix. No one bats an eye. Just make it your policy. If they don't produce the money, decline the service.

I make sure to take 50% deposit to secure the booking and then tell them that I need the rest of the payment which is £X amount either on the day , showing in my account or in cash. There is a machine right up the road from me so no one would have any excuses to not get cash out. All my clients are good though. I have even started taking refit money upfront to stop people cancelling last minute.

Maybe google a programme called SumUp .. Its basically like a visa/credit card machine thats amazing for at home .. Really compact and you work it through an app on your phone and it goes straight to your bank account .. i think its on sale at the moment on their site so the terminal is only like maybe 30 or 40 euro not sure of pounds xx
I have just brought one of these! £19 plus postage.

Was looking at this one before myself. Just signed up for one . Had a client pay with a cheque other week as couldn't take card payment. Are cheques not obsolete yet??? :D

Latest posts

Back