Client not paid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahRose91

Reaction score
So nearly 2 weeks ago I had a new lady come with no cash, she was going to nip to the cash machine once we'd finished her treatments she then said can she transfer the money as soon as she gets home (as the salon I rent a room in dosent give out wifi code to clients). I was a bit unsure & explained the cash machine was seconds away but she assured me she would pay. Hours past no payment, I sent her a message that evening reminding her I got no reply & As her friend is a regular client & she was going on holiday with her I asked her for her mobile number. I knew she was going on holiday the following day. I woke up to a message off her saying she'd lost my card details could I send again so I did.. Payment wasent recieved. I left her to have her weeks holiday & ive messaged her everyday since she's been back with a reminder. I called her yesterday and she said oh yeah il sort it.. Still not sorted! It's very annoying as I'm just in the middle off relocating & this is the last thing I want to be doing. I'm thinking of sending a final message. How does this sound to you other geeks ?

Hi xxxxx I still haven't recieved a £65 payment for treatments carried out on 18th June it's been nearly 2 weeks & as you can understand I'm a small business & need to cover the costs of treatments. If there is a issue with payment please let me know otherwise if no payment is recieved further action will need to be taken. Thanks

[name removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't put 'if there is an issue with payment please let me know'
If there is an issue its not your problem. If that was the case she should have cancelled her treatments in the first place.

Call her and if there's no answer I'd message and say if you don't receive payment by (enter date) you'll have no option but to take it further.

You have been way more patient than I would have been.

You need to make it official and send an official letter and invoice by recorded mail.

Also don't mention small business ect as I feel it gives off a hint of desperation. Just keep it formal and to the point.

Payment for treatment on X date is now overdue by X days. Give a time frame to pay it by. Usually 7 days is what's considered reasonable time in legal terms and if not payed within 7 days the overdue payment will be forwarded to small claims.

I did it before and got my money back finally after a final letter from small claims saying I would be instructing a debt collection agency to recover the costs. 3 months down the line I did get my money but hopefully she'll pay up after your invoice x

I would call her first, if she answers ask if she has your details to send payment or does she need you to give them again or there is a reason she is withholding payment.

If no answer, a text saying you have tried to contact her several times and have still not received payment, can she contact you within 24 hours to confirm payment has been made.

After 24 hours one more call, if no answer one more text message saying you hope everything is okay with her but as you have received no response you will have to take recovery action for overdue payment.

I'll say it again. A text isn't professional, you need to put it in writing. A text will mean nothing in court.
This is where a card machine comes in handy as you can call and get their card details.

I'll say it again. A text isn't professional, you need to put it in writing. A text will mean nothing in court.
This is where a card machine comes in handy as you can call and get their card details.

Thank you for your comments but as she didn't fill out the address bit on her consultation form i will struggle to post it to her. A card machine is a good idea which I am getting at my new premises but with me renting a room in another business I struggled to get me own, tried the pay eleven but found when Apple updated its soft wear pay eleven was a step behind. Cash only has never been a problem until now but I spose a declined card could also bring up this problem.

Thank you for your comments but as she didn't fill out the address bit on her consultation form i will struggle to post it to her. A card machine is a good idea which I am getting at my new premises but with me renting a room in another business I struggled to get me own, tried the pay eleven but found when Apple updated its soft wear pay eleven was a step behind. Cash only has never been a problem until now but I spose a declined card could also bring up this problem.
That's a shame. Without an address there is nothing legally you can do. You can keep hassling her hoping she gets fed up and pays but will get to a point you'll have to decide when too much of your time is wasted chasing her. It's a shame some dishonest people ruin your faith in humanity at times.

The fact she didn't fill in an address suggests to me this was always the plan not to pay.

It is theft contact the police. You have her number you can ask the police to call with a polite warning. A friend of mind had this when a client done a runner without paying for her extensions.... The police were fantastic, she then received a payment within about an hour!

Yes, I agree with Charlotte above it should scare her into paying. I've had similar things in the past but for smaller amounts and in the end just written it off and blacklisted them. It's not worth the stress and hassle to keep chasing them but if the police call her it should get resloved for you quite quickly.

This is an old thread so hopefully, the OP has resolved the situation to her satisfaction by now.

This is an old thread so hopefully, the OP has resolved the situation to her satisfaction by now.

Oops my bad I never looked the dates! X

Latest posts

Back