Client questioning price

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo@tranquil

Reaction score
At the moment I have an offer for shellac fingers and toes £50.00 so just cuticle work and file and application.
I had a client in on Monday for shellac fingers she had Brisa lite so and extra £5.00 , making £35.00.
She booked in to have her feet done this evening but wanted a full pedicure with shellac which is £40.00.
My therapist has just called to say the lady is querying the price as we have the offer on.
I was pretty stumped as to what to say, but said the offer was for the 2 together in same appt and didn't include the extra pedicure work.
I the end I said just charge her £30 as there was a misunderstanding, now I am cross with myself.
What would you have done ?

What do you charge for the pedicure without the shellac x

I would have just stuck to your price. It's completely different the amount of time that goes into a pedicure rather than just the prep and application alone. Don't kick yourself though but as long as you explain it next time so they understand the price difference, it's more than reasonable x

£33.50 for pedicure with polish . X

I know what you mean but it's not like you've lost out on a lot of money and hopefully kept her sweet so she will return/recommend.

Maybe reword the offer on the poster or ad where you have it displayed, adding the words "when booked together on the same appointment" or something like that.

I can understandyou kicking yourself but i think you did the right thing : )

I think you did the right thing. I have re-worded things so many times because there is nearly always a customer who will try it on. When I do two together bookings, I try and make it as clear as possible. I also add that discount vouchers (new year promos) cannot be used with these offers. A client came in the other day and the new therapist did her, and the client used her 20% off voucher on a discounted treatment. I think the client knew that the therapist wouldn't be clued up (my fault) and would allow the discount. I always think it's hard for the therapist to stand up to them when you're not there, and you don't want to lose a client over a few pounds! Just annoying because they're so often the ones that don't come regularly!!!

Latest posts

Back