Client says nail polish caused this damage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnailart

Reaction score
Ok, so I had a new client tonight and she said that some Gel look regular nail polish (it was Revlon) did this damage to her toe nails. I took a look and thought, that looks like a nail coating has been ripped off. She says she's never had enhancements on them, never had shellac before and all she did was remove the polish with normal polish remover. I don't see how this amount of damage can be caused this way. Any thoughts? Anyone ever seen anything like this before, because the only time I have is when clients have ripped off their enhancements?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373918715.382257.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373918727.276381.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Not being funny but I think she's telling porkey pies it looks like a classic shellac or enhancement rip off a normal polish removed with nail polish remover did not do this no way

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I regularly pick my Shellac off and it does look a bit like this!!! X

Not being funny but I think she's telling porkey pies it looks like a classic shellac or enhancement rip off a normal polish removed with nail polish remover did not do this no way

That was my thoughts, exactly! She insisted it was neither.

I regularly pick my Shellac off and it does look a bit like this!!! X

The layers were torn so far down, even Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel looked lumpy!

If that was the polish it would be like that on all of her toes. It looks like to me damage from running or tight shoes when the nails are abit long. Hope that helps :)

Was it Revlon colorstay?
I used this once and when I removed it my nails looked like I had picked enhancements off, the top layer of my nails I could pull off in strips, it was abit like one of those cheese strings you pull the strips off :(
Took quite a while too get my nails healthy again, awful stuff!

Does she run? I always have shellac on my toes which is properly removed but always looks like this underneath. I cant blame shellac as I have it on my hands no probs.
I run about 35 -40 miles a week though and always put my poor toe nails down to thay

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't know if it was colourstay, just said Revlon gel look. Her nails did look like peeled cheese strings though!
Don't think she runs, but something to bear in mind. Will ask her when she gets back from her hols, and the tight fitting shoes too. Thanks! :biggrin:

Surely if it was the polish all her nails would look like this though not just her big toes I think we have a picker alert

Most clients wont admit guilt...

Definitely looks like she's picked shellac or even polish off. They never admit it! :) x

it's funny cause, I had painted my own toes and I never put anything on my toes, & one time I just felt like painting them, & when it came to removing them polish remover, even my 2 big toes were the same as the photo. it does seem strange the polish could do so but it could be the dehydration of it? I'll even take a photo if you're like as I still have the marks

My big toes are like this and very very flaky. I have eczema so always put it down to that. Does she has any skin conditions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

R u sure she doesn't have psoriasis of the nail I have a client with it n it looks pretty similar... Surely if she picked she would have picked them all so all would look like this.

I have a client who toes are the same.

She tried telling me it was from minx on her toes.....

She was telling me this while picking the shellac her sister had done for her off her nails.

I had to tell her off, told her the damage she was doing by picking at it and she just shrugged her shoulders xx

Mine looked like this after peeling of minx, big toes were worse affected x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

My toes are exactly like this after peeling off minx. Always thought it was due to not using solar oil and leaving them on for weeks at a time !

She's not had a nails polish on for a really long time with no base?

They definitely look like stress lines.

And to those of you whose toes look like this image after removing Minx, you are either removing incorrectly by not heating the Minx first and/or pulling the Minx veneer off in a north/south direction instead of an east/west direction as advised, OR your Minx have been worn way past the 2-3 week limit advised.

If removed correctly, nothing should cause damage as seen in the image posted. Pressure and stress causes damage like this, not products.

Latest posts

Back