Client sick of roots, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtina

Reaction score
Hi I have a client base 5/6, I do a full head of foils 3 bleach to 1 lowlights (mask 7/35) however came back two weeks later saying she was fed up with roots, I suggested maybe a tint as highlight/lowlights they will always have a root. However she has weave extensions in that matches her foils and does not want to take it out...any suggestions on the best approach I obviously have a couple of ideas but thought I would put it out there see what the other salon geeks came up with. Thanks

:S that's a tough one.. Obviously you change the ratio so u add more lowlights than the prelightener. Maybe alternate it with some of her natural base aswel. Aexplain to her that it'll darken the overall look though. as for the extensions I wouldn't really know what to say to you in all honesty :/ sorry for not being much help but I don't really deal with hair extensions.

Why don't you do veiling? So that she has her natural colour on her parting with the highlights starting underneath. This way the roots won't be as noticeable and she won't have to take her extensions out Hth xx

Why don't you do veiling? So that she has her natural colour on her parting with the highlights starting underneath. This way the roots won't be as noticeable and she won't have to take her extensions out Hth xx

I agree with this post plus veiling is supposed to be the next big hair trend for 2013 , that way she will have the colour but like the above has said regrowth won't be as visible X

This was going to be my suggestion too, she has two options, have her natural blended through the top to break it up more or have a fine mail through the parting to mask the roots etc, but if she doesn't want to do that and wants to stay the same with less roots. .... She after the impossible lol (we all have them) its either that and she can keep the sane extensions or go darker overall (with more natural mixed in and) and change the extensions :) hope you manage to come to an agreement x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I second this. It's what I usually suggest for clients who are a bit short on cash or have life's so busy they can't fit their colours in often xoxo

I second this. It's what I usually suggest for clients who are a bit short on cash or have life's so busy they can't fit their colours in often xoxo

I do this too, I've been doing it years lol apparently its the new big thing this year (2013) but I think we both said this on someone's thread before lol

Thanks guys this is what I suggested however she doesn't want this...we all want blonde hair without roots but hey never going to happen...Why cant ppl understand that lol. My friend who is a hairdresser suggest do do the foils as normal however just paint onto the root (not throught the hair) 7/0 or 7/1 so when the roots grow in it won't look so bad...apparently she does this?!

Thanks guys this is what I suggested however she doesn't want this...we all want blonde hair without roots but hey never going to happen...Why cant ppl understand that lol. My friend who is a hairdresser suggest do do the foils as normal however just paint onto the root (not throught the hair) 7/0 or 7/1 so when the roots grow in it won't look so bad...apparently she does this?!

So do an all over colour too?? Depends on your customer to be honest I Wouldnt myself as that's a couple shades lighter so she'll get a complete line as rhetoric hair grows rather than the foils, could try it if she rules everything else out lol but she sounds like the 'i want a change without changing anything' type, you will find something but you'll have to go through all the options Thoroughly and be nice but to the point i.e. If you want less roots these are your options and this is what they will do, what you advise in your professional opinion is. .. And then she can chisel what she wants to do :)

I will go with all options and thank you for all your help...it would be a whole lot easier if she never had the extensions means I am limited to what I can do, as she doesn't want them out. Xxx

Latest posts

Back