Client voucher query, what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerryPixel

Reaction score
Hi :) long time no see. :) hope you are all well :)

I had a client book a pedicure and acrylic nails for yesterday. Now I had this marked off in the book for 2 1/2 hours. She never showed up. This was expected ad she messed me around three years ago at another salon.

She hasn't messaged me and I haven't messaged her. She is a time waster.

If she asked to book again what would you guys do?

Hi,

It's so annoying these ones aren't they. We all feel your pain!!

Firstly you need to have a cancellation policy in place so when this sort of thing happens you can at least tell them that there is a cancellation fee due. This will immediately put them off contacting you again. You'll never get any money from them but it lays out the ground rules.
There are threads on here about cancellation policies to help guide you.

If a client is particularly obnoxious or has been 'shouty' down the phone I block their phone number and block them from my salon facebook page. This way the only possible way they can contact me is by actually turning up on my doorstep and let's face it, if they can't be bothered to turn up to an appointment then they aren't going to do this.!!
Blocking them makes me feel safer...

So in answer to your question... do not take a booking from her again.

I give people a second chance but if they screw up again, that really is it!

Hi,

It's so annoying these ones aren't they. We all feel your pain!!

Firstly you need to have a cancellation policy in place so when this sort of thing happens you can at least tell them that there is a cancellation fee due. This will immediately put them off contacting you again. You'll never get any money from them but it lays out the ground rules.
There are threads on here about cancellation policies to help guide you.

If a client is particularly obnoxious or has been 'shouty' down the phone I block their phone number and block them from my salon facebook page. This way the only possible way they can contact me is by actually turning up on my doorstep and let's face it, if they can't be bothered to turn up to an appointment then they aren't going to do this.!!
Blocking them makes me feel safer...

So in answer to your question... do not take a booking from her again.

Hi CFBS, how do you block people from your salon Facebook page?

I had a client not show up this week and when I rang her she put the phone down on me! I cancelled her next appointments on the online booking system so hopefully she won't turn up or try to contact. I usually block no-shows numbers, but would also like to block on Facebook. My cancellation policy is if you don't show up for your appointment or give less than 24hrs notice then I may not be able to book you in again and you may be charged. I wouldn't be booking her in again! I rarely give second chances if they haven't been to me before

I wouldn't book her again. Give people an inch & they'll take a mile :rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies :) it's much appreciated. I'm just wondering how that works when they have a voucher ?:)

Hi CFBS, how do you block people from your salon Facebook page?

I had a client not show up this week and when I rang her she put the phone down on me! I cancelled her next appointments on the online booking system so hopefully she won't turn up or try to contact. I usually block no-shows numbers, but would also like to block on Facebook. My cancellation policy is if you don't show up for your appointment or give less than 24hrs notice then I may not be able to book you in again and you may be charged. I wouldn't be booking her in again! I rarely give second chances if they haven't been to me before

I think I did it by finding their profile page (either by searching or perhaps they have 'liked' your page) and then there is a 'block' button somewhere you can click on.
Sorry, that's rather vague!!

Thanks for your replies :) it's much appreciated. I'm just wondering how that works when they have a voucher ?:)

What sort of voucher? Do you mean your own salon voucher or a Groupon type voucher?
If it's a salon voucher, you should already state your terms of business at the point of sale and have them printed on the reverse of the voucher to save any ambiguity.
Assuming they paid cash for the voucher, I'd be inclined to refund them.

If the voucher was offered as part of a prize draw, then I would make it clear (on the voucher) that it cannot be exchanged for cash.

I think giving someone a second chance is already fair enough - like you say she has already messed you around before ! Some people are right cheeky ! x

Awkward if she has a voucher that's still within date. In that case I'd probably book her in again but state that if she doesn't show up this time, her voucher is void. Not sure quite how I'd word it, probably not quite like that lol

Out of interest...
How much in value is the voucher for and who bought it for her?
If the purchaser is a lovely valued client you could always reimburse her so the voucher in effect is void?

Thinking deviously now...:mad:

I think I did it by finding their profile page (either by searching or perhaps they have 'liked' your page) and then there is a 'block' button somewhere you can click on.
Sorry, that's rather vague!!

Yes that makes sense and I know how to do it now, thank you! Will be making the most of this lol

What sort of voucher? Do you mean your own salon voucher or a Groupon type voucher?
If it's a salon voucher, you should already state your terms of business at the point of sale and have them printed on the reverse of the voucher to save any ambiguity.
Assuming they paid cash for the voucher, I'd be inclined to refund them.

If the voucher was offered as part of a prize draw, then I would make it clear (on the voucher) that it cannot be exchanged for cash.
This is something that I hadn't thought of and my vouchers are very vague!

Ask for a deposit

Refundable deposit when the voucher has been redeemed

I had one of these clients. She got back in touch months down the line wanting to book. I just told her that's fine and that my policy had changed and due to having quite a few last min cancellations I now take a non refundable booking fee from everybody when they book. She never messaged back [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back