Client wanting full refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liane26

Reaction score
Hi I did a client today who wanted half head highlight foils and a cut I highlighted the hair and everything seemed ok her mum said it had come out a nice colour I cut her hair and blasted it dry with the hairdryer so I could check the cut when dry as she didn't want a proper blowdry again everything seemed fine as she was dark naturally and had previously used hair colours before it wasn't going to lift really light but it lifted to a nice caramel blonde which I felt blended in nicely with her colour, I left and wen I got home she said the colour was yellow and white in areas so I imagine that that's where it was her natural has lifted better then the built up colour on ends so I offered to go bk and correct it and lift the ends to match free of charge we arranged for mon as I couldn't do a time for her at weekend she wanted morning I could only do afternoon I even offered to go back the same day to correct it but she didn't went that either I then got a message later on saying the cut was terrible but I know that it wasn't and that it was all even as I even double checked it once dry as I always do as hair sits different when dry then she said I had to go bk the next morning and when I said I couldn't as I had clients I could only do afternoon she asked for full refund I said no due to all the reasons stated above that I offered to correct etc she has now asked if I have insurance i don't know what to do as I have done a service she asked for, I've offered to go bk and correct whatever she's not happy with I have even took pictures as I build up my portfolio and it doesn't look uneven to me I just don't know what to do if anyone can please help me

Thanks in advance

If you honestly believe that you did a good job, tell her you have the pictures to prove it was fine when you left her and that the outcome was what she asked for.

It's Friday night. She probably just wants cash for the weekend.

You don't have to give her your insurance details. The insurance company is there to cover you and provide support.

Tell her to sue you in court if she's so convinced she has a genuine claim.

ok thankyou I don't think she wll be happy no matter what I do as its one thing after the other so I said I will refund colour money only as I don't want to go back now after all this unwanted stress

I agree, if you know there isn't any problems with your work and you've offered to go back and take a look but she's being awkward over appointment times then it sounds like she just wants the cash back for the weekend! Have you done this lady before?xxx

Just be aware that if you do give her even a partial refund, you'll get a reputation as a pushover and you'll be inviting other unscrupulous clients to take advantage of you.

Just saying...

Don't refund her!

Take a look at her hair and go from there.

I'm guessing you pre lightened her hair. But you didn't tone it? So she has pale yellow roots and orange yellow ends?

In future insist all cuts are Blowdried properly so they can finished and checked.

Don't refund her!

I'm guessing you pre lightened her hair. But you didn't tone it? So she has pale yellow roots and orange yellow ends?

In future insist all cuts are Blowdried properly so they can finished and checked.

Do you never do wet cuts?? I hate doing them but some people just wont pay

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you never do wet cuts?? I hate doing them but some people just wont pay

Never ever.

I've never worked anywhere that even offered them.

Clients aren't even offered the options of a wet cut, so they don't have an option to not have it.

Everything is washed, cut and finished. So we work on clean hair, can do a precise cut, dry it to check the balance then personalise and remove weight.

I agree, if you know there isn't any problems with your work and you've offered to go back and take a look but she's being awkward over appointment times then it sounds like she just wants the cash back for the weekend! Have you done this lady before?xxx

no I havent done her hair before this is the first time

Just be aware that if you do give her even a partial refund, you'll get a reputation as a pushover and you'll be inviting other unscrupulous clients to take advantage of you.

Just saying...

yes I know what your saying but tbh after all her threatening with insurance etc I dont really wanna go bk there and waste my time so rather cut my losses

Don't refund her!

yes that's right but as highlights once all dried it all blended in.nicely I thought and I asked her and she said she liked it, I usually do insist on blowdryin as I don't like doin wet cuts but as she didn't want it blowdried I rough dried it soi could check it but I agree I always say about having a cut and blowdry rather than a wet cut

yes I know what your saying but tbh after all her threatening with insurance etc I dont really wanna go bk there and waste my time so rather cut my losses

But if you are insured and you haven't done anything wrong why would you want to give her money?

My response would be - go ahead sue me!

If she was pulling a fast one she wouldn't actually go through with it.

But if you are insured and you haven't done anything wrong why would you want to give her money?

My response would be - go ahead sue me!

If she was pulling a fast one she wouldn't actually go through with it.

I just don't want the stress and after I tried to arrange to go bk.she weren't havin it but then I said I refund her and then she started sayin no come back so I cant do nothin right so I think I would rather refund the colour and not go back there and I am insured but don't need the stress of it all when there ain't no pleasin her I know I would go back do all this work free of charge and she would prob still want money bk so id rather not waste my money and time and just cut my losses

I wish my place didn't offer it to be honest. Pees me off lol

I just don't want the stress and after I tried to arrange to go bk.she weren't havin it but then I said I refund her and then she started sayin no come back so I cant do nothin right so I think I would rather refund the colour and not go back there and I am insured but don't need the stress of it all when there ain't no pleasin her I know I would go back do all this work free of charge and she would prob still want money bk so id rather not waste my money and time and just cut my losses

I don't think it's 'cutting your losses' atall...I think it's creating more trouble. If you refund her when you genuinly believe there's nothing wrong with your work, you're practically inviting everybody else to take the mick. It's admitting fault where there is none.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think it's 'cutting your losses' atall...I think it's creating more trouble. If you refund her when you genuinly believe there's nothing wrong with your work, you're practically inviting everybody else to take the mick. It's admitting fault where there is none.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

yes I see where your coming from and I haven't taken the decision lightly I wouldn't usually but I tried reasonin by goin bk but there was no pleasin I have never given a refund and if a client has ever bin unhappy I always correct the problem.free of charge but tbh I didn't wanna go bk after all that and feel uncomfortable in someone home after all the messages I got sent I won't be put in a situation where I dont feel comfortable so that's y I dun it but thankyou for your advice ��

That sucks especially the low blow about the cut later stated by her! Honestly I can tell you by the sound of your query, that shes 1 of those oddball bluemoon people that are pros @ deal getting & no matter what you do or had done she would be "upset" & complaining in a big stink, not being "available" to suit your scedge is also a big hint of her "type".....I have had a few of these over the years....they are always a new client or walk-in too!Tell her your awfully sorry & would like her to come in to show you what shes disappointed with so you may fix it. If she refuses, Tell her no. If she comes to cause a scene just offer her half of her cost.......then full cost minus your color cost if she bulks @ 1/2.

Good luck & don't let it get to you, I've had only 3 deal hunters in 19 years on the floor sounds like this is your first! She won't be back as they always need to hit a different place to not get caught!

That sucks especially the low blow about the cut later stated by her! Honestly I can tell you by the sound of your query, that shes 1 of those oddball bluemoon people that are pros @ deal getting & no matter what you do or had done she would be "upset" & complaining in a big stink, not being "available" to suit your scedge is also a big hint of her "type".....I have had a few of these over the years....they are always a new client or walk-in too!Tell her your awfully sorry & would like her to come in to show you what shes disappointed with so you may fix it. If she refuses, Tell her no. If she comes to cause a scene just offer her half of her cost.......then full cost minus your color cost if she bulks @ 1/2.

Good luck & don't let it get to you, I've had only 3 deal hunters in 19 years on the floor sounds like this is your first! She won't be back as they always need to hit a different place to not get caught!

thankyou for your comment and yes that's what I thought no.matter what I did she was gunna moan as at first she was fine wit me goin back and then as I say started sayin about cut later on and bein funny about times but when I wasn't givin it she started bein nice and sayin ok Mon but by that point id had enough I was not goin to be made to feel uncomfortable or threatened in such a way and as I am mob and go to there house I really dont feel comfortable goin back just to prob do the work her still not be happy and bully me into givin her full refund then and there so ive said I give her money back for colour only nothin else I wouldn't mind but she was gettin a discount n e way so there really is no pleasin her so I fink ill do it just so I dont have to go back there it just made me feel really low about my work as I act professional and always try and offer a high quality service and when I have someone like this that just makes u feel like ure rubbish it not on

If you have pictures of the hair why don't you post them for hair geeks to understand whether the client has a legitimate reason to complain? Think it's a bit unfair to assume that the client is a "chancer" when there's no proof that there's nothing wrong with the finished result.

Did you damage her hair beyond repair? Burn her scalp or draw blood? Ruin her clothes or furniture with hair colour? Or cut a huge chunk leaving a huge bald patch in the middle of her hair?

If no to all the above, she has no grounds at all to sue you.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back