Client wanting spray tan but using own solution!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I still wouldn't do it. Not until I'd checked with my insurance company. Don't care what her reasons might be, if BABTAC says no, then it ain't happening. It's my livelihood and reputation at stake, and I've worked bloody hard for both.

I would Not do it either, i have carefully selected the products i use and love them, if i wanted a tan somewhere else i would choose somewhere that used the same products as myself unless it was someone i knew well, i honestly think that she bought a large bottle thinking she could apply it like a self tan lotion or mousse and got a surprise when she realised the solution requires an air compressor, you cant apply that type of solution without one, i think if it were me i'd feel a bit used, i would maybe be sympathetic if she was honest with me though and owned up to the real reason

Would you bring your own hair dye to a hair salon?!! :D

Would you bring your own hair dye to a hair salon?!! :D

I've seen it happen and that's exactly the incident this entire thread made me think of! She got charged the normal price minus a couple of quid because the stylist wasn't using his own dye, so cut and colour was still around £100. Real economising, eh?

Once you've cleaned your gun out and used her solution, plus the fact it might act differently to what you are used to, makes me think it'll be more hassle than it's worth. Lynne knocks the nail on the head exactly with the restaurant comparison!

Sarah xx

Last edited:
Is she a therapist? I get another therapist to spray me with my solution because I don't know why I'd want to wear anyone elses solution - if someone says to me your tans gorgeous I don't want to say Aw thanks it's st tropez you can get it at the salon down the road, I want to say Aw thanks it's sienna x you should try it!
I'm in a small area and would have to drive 65 miles to get someone that uses Sienna x to spray me so I'm very thankful that a local therapist has agreed to do it for me and I do her tan back in return. Maybe it is something like this the lady is looking for, when you are spraying everyone else it's nice to have a tan yourself sometimes xxx

Latest posts

Back