Client with allergies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendynailedit

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a client who has suddenly developed a whole heap of allergies, bless her. In the past she's been to me and had both Shellac and Gelish, but currently is too scared to have either just in case. I know Shellac is hypoallergenic but that doesn't mean she won't be allergic to something in the product. Anyway, she's just text me to say that her tests have come back saying that she's reacted positively to 'epoxy resin' and 'Benzyl alcohol' and she wondered whether Shellac or Gelish have either in them. Can anyone help please? X

I think you would be safest to speak to the manufacturers directly about this. If you're doing Shellac I think you may have a problem with Dsperse but not entirely sure. If you speak to the manufacturers, they can send you a list of all ingredients.
I would personally pass her the list to show her doctor and get a note from them to say if its ok to go ahead or not.
I know this sounds fussy but her safety (and your reputation) have to come first and this is a potential minefield so you want to make sure you cover yourself. Xxx

I think you would be safest to speak to the manufacturers directly about this. If you're doing Shellac I think you may have a problem with Dsperse but not entirely sure. If you speak to the manufacturers, they can send you a list of all ingredients.
I would personally pass her the list to show her doctor and get a note from them to say if its ok to go ahead or not.
I know this sounds fussy but her safety (and your reputation) have to come first and this is a potential minefield so you want to make sure you cover yourself. Xxx

Thank you. Yes, there's no way I'd treat her without being certain (and no way she'd want to risk it anyway!). I have the ingredient sheets from S2 but there's sooooo much to look through! Just thought one of the scientific bright sparks on here might know :). Thank you very much for your reply :) I'll certainly check Dsperse :) xxx

Latest posts

Back