Client with faded green mess

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanyteague

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So, I have a client who had a beautiful ombre done by another stylist. She then decided to put a blue Paintbox on her ends and continued to top up every time that faded for about 6 weeks. She decided that she was over the blue and wanted to go back brown and put not one but 3 brown box dyes on her hair to try and rid of the blue. As you can imagine, this didn't cover and just left her with muddy tresses.

I have since stripped her hair, to check out the underlying before proceeding with any other chemical service. It's taken her ends to a warm level8 with a green tinge.

My question to everyone is what would you recommend to counteract the green if if can be? I'm unsure if using the colour wheel is going to work in this instance. My client understands colour correction with these colours that stain the cuticle can take a while to completely cover.

I'm either going to do a full head of foils with pre lightenener, another colour and a level 6 global on hair missed in foils, or foil the hair with pre lightenener and colourmelt the hair left out?

Any advice would be great, as a I've been thinking about this too long and doubting myself!

Thanks so much in advance!
✌️

Why wouldn't the colour wheel work in this instance?

Sorry, I said that as a rhetorical question. I wasn't sure if it would work due to the majority of green is the result of blue artificial colour? Correct me if I'm wrong, my brain has literally stopped working for this one... 😩

Sorry, I said that as a rhetorical question. I wasn't sure if it would work due to the majority of green is the result of blue artificial colour? Correct me if I'm wrong, my brain has literally stopped working for this one... 😩

No if its green red will neutralise it! Id be adding some red mix tone to your 6 backdrop.

Thanks so much! :)

Latest posts

Back