Client with verruca, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsarahlou

Reaction score
Hi. Today I had a new client who came in with her sister as I was finishing her treatment her sister asked if I could fit her in for a pedicure. I asked if she had any fungal nails etc she said no probs so while I was finishing up I said she could soak her feet. Once I got to her I checked her feet and found a verruca. She was very embaresed and wouldnt knowingly have had a ped. My fault really I always always check the feet first. Anyway I told her I couldnt do anything more. My question: how do I clean my foot spa to the degree where im 100 percent sure its not contaminated.
Your thoughts please

I think any of the hard surface sanitisers should work. My son has 2 and the doctor told me they aren't as contagious aas we think they are. I spray the shower/bath with flash with bleach after he's used it and no one in the rest of the family has caught one. It's been 6 months now! Poor little mite is waiting to have it frozen off because the occlusal isn't working :(

I dont have mundo. I have barbicide?

I use a foot spa with disposable liners, no need to worry about anyone catching anything :D

thank you for the link.
I suppose what im really asking is does the barbicide kill the verruca virus?

I would have said so but if you want a definitive answer try contacting Barbacide via their fb link above.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

get barbacide on ebay huni... hth xxx

I wouldn't advice buying barbacide from ebay, you don't know what could be in the bottle and is possibly watered down, if its cheaper there then its cheaper for a reason.

Barbicide isn't that expensive anyway I don't think buy it from a proper supplier!

ive already got barbicide in stock from sallys.
just wondered if anyone knew the answer off the top if their head

I wouldnt risk using barbicide as it could affect your footspa internally as it isnt made for that. If you use your footspa regularly I would recommend the Mundo FootSpa Disinfectant as it is made specifically for the machine!

Better safe than sorry. I feel barbicide is so dated now and that Mundo is alot more cost effective for my salon as it lasts so much longer! Especially Power Plus!

Jade danielle x

ive already got barbicide in stock from sallys.
just wondered if anyone knew the answer off the top if their head

I was taught on my pedicure training with CND that once a footspa gets infected, you can never get rid of it? Hence them recommending disposable liners.

Latest posts

Back