Client won't switch to Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy2986

Reaction score
I have an older client, who by the way is the sweetest old lady ever, she comes to my salon every saturday to get her hair done and about every other week i'll do her nails, but when she comes in the week after she got her nails done by me she'll show me how her nail polish has chipped and tell me how her nails have broken cause they are weak and brittle..I've told her multiple times that she should switch to Gelish and they wont chip and it will give her nails strength and help them grow...but she won't listen :irked: Should I just leave it alone & keep listening to her complain at me, shes 85 and i know she just likes someone to talk to, but it gets frustrating, negativity aside she does tell me when i do her nails that i'm the best manicurist she's ever been to and that she loves how thorough I am :green: I just wish I could further please her and get her into Gelish, its such a great product and it would take care of all her complaints..any suggestions?

Why not offer to upgrade her usual manicure to a Gelish one for free and then once she has tried it I am sure she will love it.

Just make sure she knows that the upgrade is a one time only offer and what your price for the service is normally so that she doesn't try it on and attempt to get Gelish applied at the manicure price again.

you could do her manicure as normal but do one nail in a complimentary Gelish colour so that she can see the difference and decide on her own if she likes it.

I wonder why she won't try it? Does she think it is a quicker service and therefore she'll spend less time with you? It maybe that she loves her time chatting to you and is scared it will speed things up?? Just a thought.

I like the two ideas above, either give her a free one time upgrade or a sample nail.

I have a 92 year old client who has her nails Gelished every four weeks - she just loves all the glittery ones. She says her nail appointment is the highlight of her month.

That one complimentary nail idea is genius! I too have this problem with a couple of ladies, can't wait till they see the difference. Some people think it's too good to be true :)

I also vote for the complimentary Gelish nail or two, but put it on a nail that regularly chips like the index and middle fingers. She will be able to see the wear and strength her nails will have. Maybe she doesn't want to switch to Gelish cause its more expensive? A lot of seniors are on a fixed income. She would definitely get more for her money. She could probably go 3-4 weeks if she wanted.

I have an older client, who by the way is the sweetest old lady ever, she comes to my salon every saturday to get her hair done and about every other week i'll do her nails, but when she comes in the week after she got her nails done by me she'll show me how her nail polish has chipped and tell me how her nails have broken cause they are weak and brittle..I've told her multiple times that she should switch to Gelish and they wont chip and it will give her nails strength and help them grow...but she won't listen :irked: Should I just leave it alone & keep listening to her complain at me, shes 85 and i know she just likes someone to talk to, but it gets frustrating, negativity aside she does tell me when i do her nails that i'm the best manicurist she's ever been to and that she loves how thorough I am :green: I just wish I could further please her and get her into Gelish, its such a great product and it would take care of all her complaints..any suggestions?

Aww I think she just wants to keep coming back to you. she's 85 she's probably stuck in her ways lol my grandmas 70 and she won't do any color but her nudes hehe
However the free upgrade one time would be very sweet even if she does not like it :)

Thanks everyone for your replies, I will def offer the complimentary nail and I'm excited to see how she likes it,and yes it will def save her money in the long run :)

Latest posts

Back