Client would like a dark brown Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Today my client asked if I had a dark brown shellac colour, which I don't. She didn't like Rubble and said Cocoa was too light. She already has had Night Glimmer but would like a 'proper brown'. I'm making my S2 order tomorrow and would like to order something for her (additives, shellac, whatever makes her happy!), I have looked at pictures of Faux Fur on google images but it looks quite light-medium brown, but not sure if that's just the camera flash? I also saw Burnt Romance but if I remember correctly that is orangey?

Any ideas?

Thank in advance geeks!

I would chose fedora for a lovely very deep brown - faux fur is slightly lighter but still a brown if that is what she's wanting. X Diane

Faux Fur is a real dark creamy brown... think galaxy minstrels. I'm sure your client will love it.

Burnt Romance is a absolutely awful, it's the colour of raw sewage!

I agree, Fedora is a beautiful deep brown, one of my most popular colours x

Do you not find Fedora a bit purply?... not a 'true' brown.. in my eyes at least!

Fedora is a lovely dark brownish colour x

If you get fedora I would practise first with it if you haven't already used it, it is a very difficult colour to apply (for me) apply it very thin as it will crimp when curing if its too thick but it is a lovely colour xxxx

Thanks geeks! I always thought Fedora was red but maybe that's because I put it with my reds on my colour chart, oops! I might have a go with it later! I might purchase the faux fur anyway and I could always pop some gold VIP status on top because I'm not sure she's a fan of matte colours. Thank you for the heads up on Burnt Romance, I always thought it looked not very nice on pictures :lol:

Thanks geeks! I always thought Fedora was red but maybe that's because I put it with my reds on my colour chart, oops! I might have a go with it later! I might purchase the faux fur anyway and I could always pop some gold VIP status on top because I'm not sure she's a fan of matte colours. Thank you for the heads up on Burnt Romance, I always thought it looked not very nice on pictures :lol:

I was just thinking the same- I always
Used fedora as a deep red or
Layer it with tinted love for a wine colour lol!
Never thought of it as a brown.... Isn't it funny how we see things
Differently! X

Hi, if you put faux fur on top of blackpool it comes out dark brown

Either Fedora or Faux Fur, both beautiful shades my clients love both!

Perfect. Thank you geeks, I'm going to purchase the Faux fur and give her the choice of the two, maybe do both of them with a few layering options on different colour pops so she feels like she has a massive choice :) thank you again!

Latest posts

Back