Clientelle vanishing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
My boss is freaking out. His clientelle is slowly disapearing. And clients keep asking me about staff change overs and if anything bad is going on behind the scenes. There isn't but that is besides the point.

Is there anything I can do to ensure that clients dont think there is anything wrong on our side? They way they come to me is making me think that they think we are abused.

My boss is freaking out. His clientelle is slowly disapearing. And clients keep asking me about staff change overs and if anything bad is going on behind the scenes. There isn't but that is besides the point.

Is there anything I can do to ensure that clients dont think there is anything wrong on our side? They way they come to me is making me think that they think we are abused.

Perhaps the clients have read your previous threads?

I'm not.surprised! Lol after reading all your posts, niggles, and hassles I wouldn't come back either.

Clients pick up on incompetence, attitude and the general ambiance of the salon.
Clients also don't.come back If they're not happy with the service they've received.

You need to read through all your posts on here and the problem of clients leaving will be stairing you right in the face.

Your last boss had this trouble too! How odd

Is this a new job?
To be honest unless you have a vested interest regarding this salon I would not get involved. Often you can do more damage than good in this sort of position.

Is this a new job?
To be honest unless you have a vested interest regarding this salon I would not get involved. Often you can do more damage than good in this sort of position.

This is a newish job. I suppose you are right. My boss just keeps coming to me and bringing it up as if I have some answer to fix it. I am just an apprentice after all. I will just keep my side of the customer service up.

Perhaps the clients have read your previous threads?
Look. None of my old salons situations need to be bought up. Please stop reffering to it.
I'm not.surprised! Lol after reading all your posts, niggles, and hassles I wouldn't come back either.

Clients pick up on incompetence, attitude and the general ambiance of the salon.
Clients also don't.come back If they're not happy with the service they've received.

You need to read through all your posts on here and the problem of clients leaving will be stairing you right in the face.

My old salon was a negative place. This one is really good to work in. this salon has apparently had this issue due to understaffing. I dont know if that os the issue or what. Maybe it's an aussie problem. Either way I dont think it is fair to claim that an apprentice is causing the books to be empty.

Anyway I suppose I need to stop trying to manage. Old habbits die hard.

If i was you, and i mean this in the nicest possible way is keep yourself out of it. Go in, do your job to the very best of your ability, smile and be up beat (i know this can be hard), look after your customers and complete every task given no matter how small to the best of ability. Keep yourself out of the negativity, the gossip and anything else that might back fire on you.

This industry is smaller than you think and you never know who is watching, who is reading your posts and whose paths you may cross in the future.

I really dont mean this to sound patronising in any, just a bit of friendly advice :) xxxx

I could not have said that better myself!

Just had a very entertaining 30 mins reading through old posts....lol

Look. None of my old salons situations need to be bought up. Please stop reffering to it.

My old salon was a negative place. This one is really good to work in. this salon has apparently had this issue due to understaffing. I dont know if that os the issue or what. Maybe it's an aussie problem. Either way I dont think it is fair to claim that an apprentice is causing the books to be empty.

Anyway I suppose I need to stop trying to manage. Old habbits die hard.

Did you disclose the name of the salon in any posts?
Did you disclose the EXACT geographic location of your workplace continually?
Did you 'rubbish' this other business for gain such as to poach clients or to damage the salon reputation. ?

From what I can see you have not so it is irrelevant of past postings especially as you were seeking help.

I would not worry too much linkles the people on here ESPECIALLY owners of salons (which is extremely worrying) tend to be extremely anti-worker and tend to take the side of the employer regardless of the issue at hand. I have had issues with a former employer and came to post regarding asking about my rights instead of answers I was basically told by many it was my own fault and that their was nothing to be done. Instead of helping many merely picked on me.

Fast forward in time and taking it to tribunal and I am looking to get in the realms of thousands in compensation for what my boss did to me. Moral of the story I would not take these posts to heart and would follow only the constructive feedback which will genuinely help in such a situation as often posters on here are quick to condemn workers(,especially the young workers ) criticising them for not wanting to work or struggling to find 'good employees' or blaming workers for bad situations occurring instead of guiding us.
1)Many fail to understand that employment is a 2 - way street and that employees often get a raw deal with employers not taking ownness or responsibility for issues that arise, sacking us when sick, overworking employees e.t.c
2) Hair and beauty in many regions is not heavily regulated or unionised and so not only is the integrity of the trade at risk but work conditions are too.
3) Just because you worked in beauty/hair for several years does not mean you can treat others poorly as you went through it in the past. Often hindsight is biased and experiences can vary greatly.

As a worker not just a beautician I can completely appreciate your frustration and issues that may arise all I can say is good luck.

Did you disclose the name of the salon in any posts?
Did you disclose the EXACT geographic location of your workplace continually?
Did you 'rubbish' this other business for gain such as to poach clients or to damage the salon reputation. ?

From what I can see you have not so it is irrelevant of past postings especially as you were seeking help.

I would not worry too much linkles the people on here ESPECIALLY owners of salons (which is extremely worrying) tend to be extremely anti-worker and tend to take the side of the employer regardless of the issue at hand. I have had issues with a former employer and came to post regarding asking about my rights instead of answers I was basically told by many it was my own fault and that their was nothing to be done. Instead of helping many merely picked on me.

Fast forward in time and taking it to tribunal and I am looking to get in the realms of thousands in compensation for what my boss did to me. Moral of the story I would not take these posts to heart and would follow only the constructive feedback which will genuinely help in such a situation as often posters on here are quick to condemn workers(,especially the young workers ) criticising them for not wanting to work or struggling to find 'good employees' or blaming workers for bad situations occurring instead of guiding us.
1)Many fail to understand that employment is a 2 - way street and that employees often get a raw deal with employers not taking ownness or responsibility for issues that arise, sacking us when sick, overworking employees e.t.c
2) Hair and beauty in many regions is not heavily regulated or unionised and so not only is the integrity of the trade at risk but work conditions are too.
3) Just because you worked in beauty/hair for several years does not mean you can treat others poorly as you went through it in the past. Often hindsight is biased and experiences can vary greatly.

As a worker not just a beautician I can completely appreciate your frustration and issues that may arise all I can say is good luck.

I reread that thread and you were not picked on. It's common sense not to bad mouth an employer while you still work for said employer. Just because some don't agree with thread starters doesn't mean you're being picked on. If a member asks for opinions, it's a sure bet that not everyone will agree with the OP. That's the nature of forums. It's not personal, nor is it owners vs. workers.

Sorry you highlighted my post, if it is regarding what I meant I meant many basically accused me of lying about my employer and the situation that occurred.

I reread that thread and you were not picked on. It's common sense not to bad mouth an employer while you still work for said employer. Just because some don't agree with thread starters doesn't mean you're being picked on. If a member asks for opinions, it's a sure bet that not everyone will agree with the OP. That's the nature of forums. It's not personal, nor is it owners vs. workers.
REALLY?? go re-read it then. This is going off thread
1)If I state my mini-oven is important to me as I used my own salary to buy it. Why mock me and instead of belittling that fact and making me feel stupid. That is picking on someone as it was teasing and really unpleasant. It was not constructive advice and neither here nor there whether the poster thought it was a menial issue it was a big issue for me.

2) Furthermore as stated within the post I DID not 'badmouth' her a person asked why I was leaving and I said late pay at its worst that is as it transpires whistleblowing. As legally I was underpaid.

REALLY?? go re-read it then. This is going off thread
1)If I state my mini-oven is important to me as I used my own salary to buy it. Why mock me and instead of belittling that fact and making me feel stupid. That is picking on someone as it was teasing and really unpleasant. It was not constructive advice and neither here nor there whether the poster thought it was a menial issue it was a big issue for me.

2) Furthermore as stated within the post I DID not 'badmouth' her a person asked why I was leaving and I said late pay at its worst that is as it transpires whistleblowing. As legally I was underpaid.

You took the thread off topic.
I can read perfectly well, thank you.
As I said above, don't take things personally, because it's not personal.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I think the gist was that people thought your oven was the least of your worries.
You bad mouthed her as an employer. That was enough.

Ah!.... I remember the oven... Your a bit like Linkles IMO, no wonder you agree with her, you seem to push your right and wrong attitude very hard & Linkles gets far too involved in things that arnt anything to do with her, I get that you'd like the salon owners to see it from the employee perspective but sometimes you have to sit back and see it from theirs.

You took the thread off topic.
I can read perfectly well, thank you.
As I said above, don't take things personally, because it's not personal.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I think the gist was that people thought your oven was the least of your worries.
You bad mouthed her as an employer. That was enough.

As I said within the post she 'Claimed' I badmouthed her and instead of taking the OP word for that you assume that I was fabricating it ( as that's what employees always doo_O) That was not the gist, they thought I was lying and at one point one of the posters said and I quote 'I should remember what I said' as if I had provoked the situation. I asked for guidance in a situation nothing more.
Your right opinions are fine but as opinions are used to solidify views on issues and when your opinion implies another poster is not truthful as that is a judgement of my character that is personal. When you jump to conclusions or refuse to offer advice linked to the original OPs question and instead offer snide remarks. That is personal.

Ah!.... I remember the oven... Your a bit like Linkles IMO, no wonder you agree with her, you seem to push your right and wrong attitude very hard & Linkles gets far too involved in things that arnt anything to do with her, I get that you'd like the salon owners to see it from the employee perspective but sometimes you have to sit back and see it from theirs.

I do not quite understand what you mean in the opening statement, I just hope it is not a snide comment.

Yes, I do try seeing it from the employers perspective but I always STICK to the legal and what the government say before hand, because things especially in legal situations tend to fall into 2 categories right and wrong.

Last edited:
Yes, I do try seeing it from the employers perspective but I always STICK to the legal and what the government say before hand, because things especially in legal situations tend to fall into 2 categories right and wrong.

YOU actually admitted you said what you said.
Have yourself a wonderful day, regardless.

YOU actually admitted you said what you said.
Have yourself a wonderful day, regardless.

Yes and some of the posters said 'I should remember what I ACTUALLY said as they did not believe that is all that happened or that is all I said. That is implying someone is lying i,e attacking personal character.

Anyhow have a lovely day too.

Can I please ask for this thread to get back on topic please, specifically to the OP's question?

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back