Clients and sad times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura250

Reaction score
Ive done a client for 6 years now i really got on with her she always loved her hair i dont know what ive done wrong found out shes gone somewhere eles , i am mobile i know she does like her pampering i did her friends hair and she just says you have done nothing wrong at all its just she wanted to go and get the salon experience and some pampering so i said thats okay amd if she has a problem she can come back but am just gutted anyone experenced this ? Feeling deflated

I know it seems treacherous but it's entirely normal. Don't take it personally, although I know it's hard not to.
You need to separate your feelings and the personal relationship aspect and just see it as a client going shopping.

I shop in my main local independent supermarket all the time, but I also like to check out Lidl and Aldi from time to time. You wouldn't expect the supermarket manager to be personally upset by one customer shopping elsewhere. Instead, they will be busy focusing on their USP and attracting new customers to their store.

Remember, you are offering a personalised service and after the client has been shopping, she might well want to revisit you. In the meantime, focus on your remaining clients and ensure any spaces in your diary are being filled by new clients.

Also, may I suggest that don't discuss it anymore with her friend. It might make her feel uncomfortable.

i have always found the client-hairdresser relationship a strange one. like you i have felt deflated and a bit gutted because over the course of many years you do start to form a sort of friendship with clients. i even bring my regulars presents from holidays (only magnets and the likes lol) and get them birthday presents! don't take it personally though, it's just one of those things, you win some you lose some. don't lose sight of your career or hair passion, losing a client doesn't always reflect on your work, there are many other factors that could make someone go elsewhere. 9 times out of 10 if someone loved their hair by a particular stylist they will always come back, whether mobile or in a salon a good haircut is a good haircut and you can't polish a turd! she will be back xx

Thanks for the advice and the friend of the client she brought it up with me so i just said i can understand and if she has any problems at all she is always welcome back its just my least expectant client to go somewhere eles

Don't be sad, it's totally normal .

It's business don't take it to heart. Lose one you gain two

Last edited:
It maybe 2weeks it maybe 2 years.......mark my words........SHE WILL BE BACK!!![emoji6][emoji108]

It maybe 2weeks it maybe 2 years.......mark my words........SHE WILL BE BACK!!![emoji6][emoji108]

Yep they always come back

Latest posts

Back