Clients calling late and on Sunday-why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing to do with beauty treatments, I had a client last week who works in a nursery who told me. A parent has asked if she could bring her child in on Christmas Day for a few hours. So it's not only our clients who want appts at weird times lol. xx

Leely x

WHAT!?!?!?!? :eek:

I have 2 phones for this exact issue.

Personal phone and work phone.

Work phone is on silent in the evenings and I always call back the next day.

And I've stated all over my site that clients are NOT to text...I can't stand text messages as the first point of contact, I find it so impersonal as you can only gage so much from a text.

x

A regular client of mine was out drinking with girlfriends and decided to ring me up at 3am to see if I can squeeze 5 of them for brazilians in the morning lol I was groggy from sleep but managed to deal with her, told her sure sure just so she would stop yapping. Turns out they were serious, no sleep that night, they went for breakfast and then straight to my shop lol She was raving about my waxing and they just refused to wait, I have been waxing these girls regularly now for a year

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I wouldn't object to a client phoning or texting me on my work phone at any time, but what I do object to is clients looking up my phone number in the phone book (I still live with my parents, so it is their house phone) and phoning me when I don't answer in the salon. This is starting to get on my nerves and my dads! Hence we might go ex directory:Scared:

If this is a problem for you then the answer is two phones. One for personal use and one with a polite message thanking them for their call, stating opening hours and closures and when you will get back to them, making sure you get back to them when you say you will.

Its when the clients stop contacting you, you need to worry!

Despite leaving a msg on my mobile stating my opening times, I had 2 calls yesterday just as we were eating dinner approx 6 pm my daughter who is 13 got really mad(hormones!!!)and turned the phone off , I didn't recognise the number but after dinner I turned the phone on and no msg was left! She then text me so I text her back she was looking for a blow dry this morning!!! Anyway , I put myself out as had a colour at 930 dropped kids to school early went to new client turns out her nan had died and was the funeral today, so I was really glad I went , glad I turned my phone on , when we work for ourselves it's hard work and annoying sometimes with clients that expect u to be there at a drop of a hat but u will always get the ones that really appreciate it x

Well I had a new client text me at 1:20am last Sunday (not the one just gone). She wanted a pedi. When I woke up I found the text. I called her back at 9:00am and I booked her in. She lives in a mansion (no kidding). I had to lug my stuff up 2 flights of stairs :eek:

Anyway, she has now booked me in again this week for a Gelish mani. I always keep the phone on but just put it on silent on Sundays and when I go to bed.

This is starting to really annoy me. Yesterday I was out with my family, very early in the morning and I get a call at 9:30am for a chat about Gelish from a potential client (she didn't book).

Last night I had a missed call at 10pm from another potential client.

What is it with these people? Are they just "googling" in their leisure time and think to themselves "oh, I'll just call now....her number's on the Internet, this woman/girl will have nothing better to do on a Sunday night/morning/day than sit by the phone waiting for it to ring".

Because I'm mobile does that mean I work 24/7? . I wouldn't dream of ringing to book anything during non working hours unless it was a plumber for an emergency.

What is going through these people's heads?!

Don't get me wrong, I love getting calls from potential new clients, I need the work, but I won't answer on a Sunday....if I start doing that they'll be the type to call me at all hours with an emergency nail repair.

Anyone else get this or is it just me? Happens every bleeding week!!!!

I had the same issue once I got busier, I just used my own mobile number and eventualy people would call me at all hours and I also then found it tricky balancing work and personal life as the Glam Phone was always on.

On Christmas eve, a lady called me to ask if I go and visit her over the other side of Cardiff and repair one gel polish nail that had chipped. It was not a client that I had done, it was some one looking for a tech to fix a nail on Christmas eve. I felt for the lady, broken nail.. christmas, having to hide it etc and I know some people work on this day but come on now people! This is not for me.

I sorted the problem out and bought one of these - I have to say that it is the best thing ever. You can run two numbers off the same phone at the same time, switch one off, switch them both off etc, love it!

I love how I can just switch between numbers easily. It is also just a great phone. I can assign the contacts to each number (sim card) too so that my clients numbers and personal numbers are separated.

I really enjoyed flushing my Blackberry down the lav (Ok, I didn't really do that, but I wanted to :D)

Rachel xoxo

I don't answer my phone sat night and Sunday everyone I do knows this because i tell them and also they only ever get my answerphone but they still ring and apologise for ringing me and then tell me they will ring me Monday :confused:

I've now got a samsung galaxy s4 for business use and downloaded an app from the play site that auto responds to texts and calls out of hours during holidays. It's great very like the email out of office auto reply

I get that you can avoid the calls. That's not my issue. I'm just trying to figure out WHY these clients call at these ridiculous times. Do they not think that we might actually have a life!?

I have 2 clients that always do this, 1 will text late/ early even weekends asking for next day appointment then if I don't reply immediately (god forbid I have a life!) she texts again with '?????' (Rude!!). The other one texted me at 2am cancelling her next day appointment at 9am that I'd only just managed to squeeze her in for on a Saturday before I had to go to a wedding! I got up early for her only to check my phone and find out I didn't need to bother! I dread her booking now!

What is this app?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Pardon Zooks, you've lost me there?

Ah sorry, it was about the app mentioned above for or sending out of office style texts :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back