Clients calling my home phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
Hi!
So I've had three clients call my home phone today... I'm a little peed off because I feel like I have no privacy!
These clients could of easily contacted me on my mobile number but they've clearly looked me up on the yellow pages through my Business Registration number.
I live with my parents so its not really my own house, it's annoying to them and I wasn't home at the time they called my mobile number is everywhere on my business pages and yellow pages.
I would never call my hairdresser or therapist to their home phone as I think it's rude.
Ughhh ... Rant over!!
Elaine. Xx

When you next see them, put on your nicest possible smiley face and voice and whisper to them that your father/mother has threatened to invoice you for her wages if she has to keep answering your calls, taking appointments, so could they please help keep you on your parents best side by using your mobile number.

Kill them with kindness.

When you next see them, put on your nicest possible smiley face and voice and whisper to them that your father/mother has threatened to invoice you for her wages if she has to keep answering your calls, taking appointments, so could they please help keep you on your parents best side by using your mobile number.

Kill them with kindness.

Haha definitely will!
Don't understand what possessed them to call a home phone no!!
Xx

Hi,
Do you not think that the customers would think this is your business landline? I personally would ring a landline over a mobile number- it seems more professional. Just let them know that its a home phone number x

had a message left from a man who went into great depth and detail how and what parts of his anatomy he wanted intimate waxing done.

that was the last straw for me especially as my daughter could hear the message.

i changed my landline number immediately and went ex directory so now its mobile only much much better.

a few years ago i would have thought mobiles unprofessional but i feel the trend is more towards mobiles now

How are they getting your home numbers? Xxxx

Hi,
Do you not think that the customers would think this is your business landline? I personally would ring a landline over a mobile number- it seems more professional. Just let them know that its a home phone number x

I work from home, I only put my mob number on my business pages & website. So I doubt it looks like a biz number.
Xx

How are they getting your home numbers? Xxxx

In Australia you can look up someone's biz no on the website and get their last name, they must if looked up my last name on the yellow pages.
I'm definitely making my landline number private and removing it from the yellow pages. Xx

Oh how cheeky! Have you thought about having another line put in and diverting all the calls to voicemail outside of your working hours? Might be a bit of an expensive solution but worth considering xxxx

Oh how cheeky! Have you thought about having another line put in and diverting all the calls to voicemail outside of your working hours? Might be a bit of an expensive solution but worth considering xxxx

I have thought about it when I have my home salon set up in the beginning of next year! It is abit more convenient as I can easily answer a landline phone when I'm with a client where as answering a mobile looks rude because it looks like its friends or family.
But at this minute I have a tiny space and it wouldn't be worth setting up since moving! Xx

Latest posts

Back