Clients demands to 'heat up' sunbed before they use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys there's so much information on here it's unreal! The air temperature of the sunbed does matter at all! However what does matter is whether the tubes have been in use before hand, this has a massive effect. Tubes that have not been used recently, output A LOT less energy in the form of UV and also less infrared radiation. Therefore it is reasonable for a customer to expect the sunbed to have been used or "warm" as this indicates the tubes have been in use, therefore outputting their maximum UV radiation. Less energy (UV) output results in less tanning effects for the customer so they are wasting their own money, preparing YOUR machine for use.

Guys there's so much information on here it's unreal! The air temperature of the sunbed does matter at all! However what does matter is whether the tubes have been in use before hand, this has a massive effect. Tubes that have not been used recently, output A LOT less energy in the form of UV and also less infrared radiation. Therefore it is reasonable for a customer to expect the sunbed to have been used or "warm" as this indicates the tubes have been in use, therefore outputting their maximum UV radiation. Less energy (UV) output results in less tanning effects for the customer so they are wasting their own money, preparing YOUR machine for use.

Just to let you know this thread is 10 years old, I suspect there's been changes in the tubes over thos time as all technology moves at such a fast pace.

Also most of the original contributors are no longer here

Just to let you know this thread is 10 years old, I suspect there's been changes in the tubes over thos time as all technology moves at such a fast pace.

Also most of the original contributors are no longer here
I understand that the post is over 10 yrs old, however the Laws of Physics have not changed, and the design of the fluorescent light tube has not changed in 50+ years! I'm not even a salon worker, I'm a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer, I just saw thos post randomly on Google and just had to create an account to set this nonsense straight once and for all. There's all the information including how the theoretical physics works right here Fluorescent lamp - Wikipedia. Also if you ever studied Physics in school, they go into Neon and fluorescent lamps in detail.

Latest posts

Back