Client's hair matting with weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

Over the past couple of weeks i have had a couple of ladies come to me with their natural hair matted with their weave. The brand i have used on other clients who have had no issues, i have not changed the way i do the hair at all. The weft hair had actually tied itself onto their hair, it was quite a mess, but we got there in the end. Is this an after care issue?

What are the causes of hair matting with a weft? x

Yes aftercare issues, I found mine matted if I left them to dry or didn't dry them properly at the roots. It could also be she isn't detangaling them properly when wet. This is from personal experience btw x

Do these clients use the gym? I find this on customers who do classes at the gym or incorrect after care x

I have only had matting when they haven't been using good shampoo or they don't separate the rows when drying so they are just not brushing in between .. I go on and on about separating to make sure they are brushed throughly and dried in between u can't have all that hair and expect the brush to reach the centre and underneath .. Drives me slightly insane x

Latest posts

Back