Client's mother returning product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandydee

Reaction score
I have a waxing client who has just recieved a lovely skincare pack bought by her friend from my salon. I have been contacted by my clients' mother who has asked if her daughter can swap it for treatments. My client is unaware that mother has contacted me. :eek:
What are your thoughts?
Client has her 1st facial booked in for next week so I have messaged mother back to say I can discuss skincare at that appointment. :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your "contract" is with your client, not her mother. No details of her treatment or products should be discussed with anyone, including her mother.

I'm so confused. So does your client actually want to swap it or not? I don't understand why her mother would ring up to enquire even if she does wish to swap it over.

I'd discuss directly with your client and noone else.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mother is going behind the back of her daughter! I have not discussed what is booked in, just that I can talk to daughter when I next see her. That conversation will be a normal skincare consultation & will be kept private. If my client wants to ask about the gift then all can be sorted, I have no problem with that, but I really don't like being put in this situation.

I'd keep to the appointment as planned and only discuss it if your client brings it up. If she doesnt mention it, I wouldn't instigate it x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If ive understood this correctly, shes havin a larf!

Yes, mothers can and do go behind their daughters' backs because they think they know better. Would love to know what the outcome of this is!

I think the daughter will be scared to ask so has got her mum to call. X

Just an update on this thread.
I did nothing regarding the mothers request and waited for my client to bring up the subject.
She never mentioned it and I am fairly sure she had no idea that her mother had contacted me.
The daughter is a very confident young woman in her 20's and talks to me about everything so doesn't find me unapproachable lol. x

Might your client have gifted this pack on to her mother? hence the mother is looking to exchange it?

Not given to her mother. They have quite different skin types.

Latest posts

Back