Clients moving their hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Is there any nice way to ask clients to sit in peace :) it drives me mad when I'm doing french or at the cuticle line and the client keeps moving I feel too rude to ask if they can try and keep still but it looks like I'm making a mistake and having to correct it. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to feel rude or embarrassed when this happened but now I joke it out with them. Something like "wow those little men in your hand are having a party aren't they?" The client will either get what you mean or ask, so then I'd just say "would it be possible for you to keep your hand still please, I can't quite manage the straight lines", or anything that kinda makes sense and they get it. Say it with a big smile on your face and in a nice way then you won't be sounding rude. I've got a client now who talks with her hands so it's quite difficult for her to keep them still, but she's a regular so I've had time to build up a relationship with her and I just say "hands" now and she knows what I'm on about!!! I say it about 50 times through her service!!! Just be polite and see how it goes, each client will react differently, but it will come more naturally with experience.

I just give my clients a cheery 'hold still for me please' if they are regulars or if they are new I'll say just before I start applying that I'll need them to try keep as still as possible for this part, no one has taken offence yet

when you begin doing things like smile lines French tips etc say 'I'm just about to begin and i need to be steady handed myself so it's really important for you to keep your hands still if that's okay please so I can get it to the best it can be' my clients understand and it works without offence every time! good luck xx

One of my clients will invariably fall asleep as I work on her. She will nod off and then jump! Now I just say "You're going! " and she laughs and we start all over again. I'll not change her, so I just go with it. And she realises that occasionally there may be a slightly less than perfect finger! :lol:

Keep it simple? A client isn't going to mind if you ask them to move their hand up or keep still. When I work, I'm constantly saying
"relax your fingers for me, please"
"Keep still for me, please"
"stretch your arms out a bit for me, please" :lol:

For those that start going stiff, you know the ones that begin to lift their fingers in order to see their nails whilst youre working on them? I politely joke like the truck drivers bumper stickers... "If you can see your nails, then I can't". Works a treat :)

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe a mild sedative ;) a girl can dream!

Ha ha ha yip clients are so funny sometimes they don't even realise they are doing it that's the hard part. It's weird I have clients almost falling asleep but not actually falling asleep that's hilarious. Thanks ladies xx

Latest posts

Back