Clients payment in cash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as it might be annoying accepting a lot of change, I have never heard of this 'only have to accept' certain amounts of change!!

Shops can't insist on how they are paid. The rules on what is considered legal tender only cover paying a debt so for services already completed. So you couldn't pay your mechanic or dentist with 10p's or your hairdresser because they have provided a service and you are in debt to them until you pay.

Sent from my HTC One mini using SalonGeek mobile app

I was going to say about hsbc too! It's brilliant, just pop the coins in and it's straight in your bank, no sorting out :)

Natwest do this too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've a very well to do lady who actually brings a battered old metal piggy bank with her, she empties it out on my table and counts out her "shrapnel". Makes me laugh but at the end of the day money is money!

Karaxxx

As long as shes paying you for the service and a returning client, i dont see the problem xx

I'd love that in my shop as I'm always looking for change and when I go to the bank they ever have any lol x

Thanks everyone. Maybe Iv over reacted somewhat. Yes it is money at the end of the day so I'm just gonna have to suck it up.
Iv started using my bag of shrapnel for smaller purchases like newspapers etc... And for tips at restaurants etc...
Thanks for all your replies xxx

I love change, I post heaps of stuff too so if I get change it saves me taking money off my card :lol: the post office love it as well!

Latest posts

Back