Client's roots always going yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXcharleyXx

Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help, i have a client whos naturally a base 7 and she wants a nice golden blonde without looking yellow or having any ash on. we use l'oreal and have tried EVERY high lift tint in the chart and she says they are all too yellow when they are on (even when her friends say they look fine). so then we try bleach with a 9.01 toner which she loves, but about 2 days later rings and says its too ashy in the light she hates it,
10.12 same again too ash
10.13 too pink
9.02 too light
9.03 illuminous yellow (apparently)

im desperate for some advice on this one, nothing seems to be the right balance of ash and gold

Couldn't u tone with just a 9

her hair throws off a lot of yellow naturally so i need to tone it out with something, but she doesnt like any of the colours we try, dont think a 9 would make that much difference unless i applied it as a permenant then shed say it was way too dark for her :confused:

I don't use L'Oreal so this might just confuse matters but I use Schwarzkopf Igora and for a lot of my toners I use -1 (ash) and -4 (beige) together...the ash cancels out any yellow but the beige stops it going too ash and vice versa, the ash stops the beige looking too warm.

Could you try mixing tones with the toners rather than just an ash or just gold ? Or tone the yellow out with an ash but then apply a warmer toner on top to warm it back up again but not be yellow ? If that makes sense! Not much help with actual colours as I'm not a L'Oreal user

Okay, go back a second, your client has a base of 7 - what did you originally put on her hair? loreal-majiblond taking her up to a 12 level and she didn't like the tone is that correct? Then you have lightened with bleach then toned with the majiblond hi lift tints or are you using Dia light to tone?

To be honest it sounds like your client is one of those ones that will never be happy but. Even with some of those high lifts as toners they do grab and go grey or slightly purple, however, after a couple of washes they would actually fade not look greyer, so not sure what your client is saying.

Couple of tips, the L'Oreal Majiblond deposit the tone in the last 5 mins so never rush the processing time (for a full head tint its best to let it develop without heat 45mins as results in a better colour if possible)

If you are not using Dia Light try toning with that, its better for the hair and will give a longer lasting result and nicer on the hair. To be honest you have tried most of them, but you could try dialight 10.32, if you think its going to be too warm on her add a tiny bit of 10.12 (about 1cm) and mix the two together, it will just pull it back a bit. Good Luck :)

There is just no pleasing some folk. Have you asked your client what she is using at home shampoo wise..... Platinium is gorgeous 20 vol no toner needed. I have a client just the same so I changed bleach this is ammonia free works a treat. Then another lady I the using 10.21 6 vol watch it very closely as its developing, sometimes the toner is in 2 mins other times 5 mins all depends on the temperature of the salon.....

Hi, hope someone can help, i have a client whos naturally a base 7 and she wants a nice golden blonde without looking yellow or having any ash on. we use l'oreal and have tried EVERY high lift tint in the chart and she says they are all too yellow when they are on (even when her friends say they look fine). so then we try bleach with a 9.01 toner which she loves, but about 2 days later rings and says its too ashy in the light she hates it,
10.12 same again too ash
10.13 too pink
9.02 too light
9.03 illuminous yellow (apparently)

im desperate for some advice on this one, nothing seems to be the right balance of ash and gold

Have you tried or thought about trying Luo P0...?

She originally came to me with bleach and a p01 toner record card from her previous hairdresser and said she hated it.
I've tried 9.13 dia to cancel the yellow but still have some warmth in there

Thanks chrisjames I'll try that tomorrow on her

Don't think she will ever be happy like haha
Wish me luck

Bleach it and tone with Color touch /03 beautifil golden blonde..

Latest posts

Back