Clients using social media for appointments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To help with this why not get online bookings and link it to your facebook page that's what I've done and put an automated message on my facebook messenger asking people to use the book now and get directed to my online booking portal. I have seen a brilliant response to this and now 60% of all my bookings are done online. Think of the extra money its generating for your salon by having a 24/7 receptionist ( and the plus I don't have to give my software holidays and pension perks ;) )

I complain about people messaging me at 3am on Easter Sunday because I like to moan - doesn’t mean I’m ungrateful and want to send them someone else’s way.

I like to set professional boundaries between me and my clients and this isn’t a problem. Letting them know I’m
not available 24/7 isn’t an issue.

To help with this why not get online bookings and link it to your facebook page that's what I've done and put an automated message on my facebook messenger asking people to use the book now and get directed to my online booking portal. I have seen a brilliant response to this and now 60% of all my bookings are done online. Think of the extra money its generating for your salon by having a 24/7 receptionist ( and the plus I don't have to give my software holidays and pension perks ;) )

My clients love the online booking - I've noticed an increase in new clients since word got around that they didn't need to phone during certain hours to make an appointment with me.

I complain about people messaging me at 3am on Easter Sunday because I like to moan - doesn’t mean I’m ungrateful and want to send them someone else’s way.

I like to set professional boundaries between me and my clients and this isn’t a problem. Letting them know I’m
not available 24/7 isn’t an issue.
But you could quite easily message them and be done with it, why blast it on forums and social media with a risk of that client seeing you talk about them. Its not just this website its facebook too.

But you could quite easily message them and be done with it, why blast it on forums and social media with a risk of that client seeing you talk about them. Its not just this website its facebook too.

Because this is our staff room/safe place to post & vent to ppl that understand our industries. It dosnt make us ungrateful- only human. Xx

I think if you are an employee then you are well within your rights to not answer or direct them to the salon page if you want to. I would even just say you can't because of your contract as an employee, they need to go through the salon for appointments.

I’m never that specific or identifying- I do message them - I don’t moan on public forums as your right clients can see, I don’t moan on my page - but it does wind me up some people have no boundaries that doesn’t mean I don’t want their business but I’ve found your need to have those boundaries in place to run a business.

Latest posts

Back