Clients wanting to pay by bank transfer. Is there an easy way?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I already take payments by cash, card and paym ( mobile banking when clients pay to my mobile phone no ).
Some of my clients would like to pay me by bank transfer as they use online banking but not mobile banking apps but I'm not sure if there is an easy way to do it.

The only way I can think of is by emailing them an invoice with my bank details, remembering that I have sent them a request and also remembering to check to see if it has been paid at a later date.

Is there a simple way to do this? some sort of app that reminds them to pay and checks when they have paid?

At least the paym system sends me a text when I've been paid!

If you have a card machine why are they wanting to pay like this surly it's just as easy for them to pay by card and means your not having to chase them up x

What accounting software do you use? Some have the option of a 'pay now' in their email-sent-invoice and until it is paid, leaves it as a debtor. For example Xero does this.

I use Xero to send invoices and people can pay these online BUT in your industry I'd just say no. It's too much of a risk of non-payment and more hassle and admin than it's worth. It's normally used as a tactic to get out of paying - 'Oh I'll bacs you later'. Later never comes. There is no logical reason they can't pay by card/contactless.

As above, why go through all that when they can pay by card? X

...and before you know it, other clients want this option; and your admin time increases on top of all the things you have to do already...

I have a couple that pay by bank transfer and they do it before they leave their appointment.

Me too, it's easy they transfer before they leave x

Thanks for all your comments. yep I think it would be too much work to keep track of.

I think I'll suggest they pay by card. It's much easier and instant.
The only plus point with bank transfers is that there are no charges to pay.

Latest posts

Back