Clients wanting to soak acrylics & Gelish off themselves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
I am quite new starting out clients are comeing back but when i confirm the price etc with them, they say oh well i will soak them off myself, i only charge £8 for acrylic soak off then £3 for gelish if they are having a new colour.
As i think myself why would someone want to pay to nails their nails off lol. But obviously for us techs in time and money with products.

Obviously i cant stop them and its their money, but i did say to this 1 girl (that as far as i am aware has never had gelish before) that the soak off is abit different to acrylics and would rather do the soak off this time and show her, then in future it is up to her. Also it would give me a chance to see the gelish and how it has lasted etc as i have only just started with doing gelish's more.

If they are adamant in doing a soak off themselves would it be wrong to sell and supply them with d-solve, rather than them go out and by whatever they think?

x

I think you're right to give them the best professional advice for removal, offer to sell them the d-solve or acetone so they have the correct product.
If my clients ask how to soak off DIY then I inform them step by step. If rather they do it safely and correctly than peel or file off.
Hthx

I wonder if it might be worth incorporating the cost of a removal into the price so that it's included and people are less likely to want to save money by taking them off themselves, I do that with both Bio and Shellac if I'm reapplying and only charge if I'm not putting anything on after. Although I understand that there is more work involved with removing L&P.

There's nothing wrong with you retailing a removal kit and giving them advice on how to do it properly as far as I know, far better than them just picking the enhancements off anyway as long as they understand that they do it at their own risk.

Both Sweet Squared and Nail Harmony sell mini removal kits for retailing to clients who want to remove their product at home. It's inevitable that sometimes clients will want to do it themselves, for whatever reason. It's much better in my opinion to sell them the correct products and give them good instructions on how to do it themselves properly than leave them to their own devices, potentially ruining their nails then blaming the product or worse, you!

If i were to supply the D-Solve should i supply the original bottle or decant into smaller, but then the product name and ingredients inst labeled?

x

Hi, i retail a home soak off kit from a company called Magis. You get 50 foil wraps(so 5 soak offs) and a small bottle of acetone. All the clients love them and they are flying off the shelf, if they havent got time to have them soaked off in the salon etc. we do show them what to do and they have our number if they want to ask any questions! The company is based in the uk but i think they ship anywhere! They are really good...Just google magis foil nail wraps!

Latest posts

Back