Clothes during treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyLouise

Reaction score
Hello fellow Geeks, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this. I work from home and have just had a client and he insisted on being naked whilst I was treating him (swedish massage). He wasn't wearing any underwear so i couldn't ask him to keep them on. I covered him in a towel, even though he kept saying it was ok for him to be naked. I've done treatments in a rugby club where the guys were all naked but there were three therapists and most of the guys held towels round themselves. This guy seemed annoyed that i had him covered but i insisted. When he was leaving he hopped off the couch so quickly I couldn't get out the room and then he stood there talking to me. I think he was just trying to make me feel uncomfortable but i deliberately didn't baulk. I'm not particularly prudish but just wondered what you guys thoughts were, or if you'd had similar experiences? x

I think he is probably an exhibitionist because... whether he was wearing underpants or not, a client is normally covered with a towel during a massage, to keep them warm!

As a nurse I saw so many nekkid people that it doesn't bother me at all anymore. What does matter is how YOU feel when you're carrying out the treatments. If you're not comfortable with him being naked then you must ask him to respect your wishes and remained covered. You don't have to be nasty or curt about it, just say something like "I'm sure you ARE ok with being naked, but for the sake of professionalism I would prefer that you remain covered. If this is not acceptable to you then I fear the treatment cannot be carried out; thank you for understanding"

I am fairly indifferent to nudity but I probably wouldn't re-book this guy, if he were a client of mine, because he has no manners and no respect.

Cheers for your replies guys. He is a naturist so I guess being naked is the norm for him. I think that as he was in my house he should respect my wishes. On the couch is not so bad but it was when he stood there talking to me! Because I asked him to be covered up i don't feel he should have just stood there. I think you're right Zo Zo, i just won't book him back in. Just glad he wasn't one of my first clients as it might have put me off for life ;-D

Tbh, if he's a naturist... that explains a lot. I have a few naturist clients and yes, they are extremely comfortable walking around naked. I think alarm bells rang for me when I read your post as normally we would keep our clients warm and snuggly during a swedish massage, and surely he must have felt a little chilly? Overall though, I still think he should respect your wishes. Personally, and I'm backtracking now, if I didn't feel threatened by him, I could probably put up with him. After all, this is how we make a living. :hug:

most naturists ring to check that you are OK with this first, so he was extremely rude to do that to you.
I personally am not comfortable with the nudity and have turned down loads of work because of it.

I would insist on a drape of some description.
If he had leapt off the bed to talk to me I would have walked out of the room.

Its up to you personally, but I would probably consider not booking him again. Its your home, your business, your gut feelings.

Yes, it's one thing being a naturist... but a naturist with bad manners :evil:

Latest posts

Back