CND Brisa Lite gel nails help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsVLS

Reaction score
Hi ladies

First of all I will be going on the CND course for brisa lite but not till the new year so was wondering if you could help with some questions in the mean time!

I did my first practise set of nails last night. And I wa happy with the overall look but there were a couple of flaws.

Using some of my knowledge from the gel course I recently went on and you tube videos I just kind of winged it!

I prepped the nail, cuticles were in really good condition so I didn't us cuticle away.

I then applied clear tips - this is where a problem arised, the models thumb was really flat and dipped in middle, I chose the biggest tip and filed down to fit nail.. But it air pocketed once it was on in the middle from there the nail was dipped in bit.. The overall coverage to the nail and tip was quite a lot and I had glue spilling out everywhere so knew I had enough glue. But it wasn't perfect like the other 9... Have you ever come across something like this?

My model wanted grapefruit sparkle in shellac so I decided not to do a French and just do the overall coverage with the natural pink.

Then I prepped nail again from the brisa base coat and cures for 10seconds.

Soo this is were I then winged it! I applied the natural pink gel like taught in my gel class.. A pearl amount in the centre of nail working it out to the sides..

Now brisa is a lot thicker than the other gel I trained with, so I thought that I best stuick to one coat incase the got really thick? Was this the wrong thing to do... ?

After I curesd for 2 mins. I got a little lost again, I removed tacky layer and buffed to smooth out there I went a bit lumpy in one place.

Then I brushed away all dust and just wiped over with a clean pad. Then went straight in with grapefruit sparkle, cure, top coat, cure!

Does my process seem ok or have a I come compeltly off track?

Thanks
:)

For such nails you can better sculpt with forms instead of using tips. Also you have to Work the first layer of sculpting gel in, and then build with the second layer...

Latest posts

Back