CND Colour Thick and unusable

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Silly question Im sure. I have about 20 different CND colours, all bought from S2 , all on the same day about 5 months ago. I have noticed that 3 of the colours I use have gone really thick and gloopy, not ideal for the professional finish! They're all stored away from direct sunlight etc and Im just wondering if they have an expiry date or expected shelf life at all. Obviously I roll all the botle before use. They are colours I use just as much as any other and I just wouldn't have expected it.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Am I missing a trick here? Is there something I can do to restore the texture of the polish to its former glory?

Thankyou

You can't really save it, any thinner will work for a couple of goes but really no it can't be saved.

Is there a chance you've left the bottle lid slightly loose? If you've got any product in the thread of the neck of the bottle it won't screw completely shut & some solvent will escape = thick polish. That's all I can guess hon xx

Thanks PixieBeauty, no I dont think they'd been left open but I didnt even think of that so something Ill keep an eye on now though.

You could try a few drops of base coat to thin the consistency (if you're talking about polish)

Tbh i tried the base coat trick too, but it didn't work for my polishes :(

I have this problem too and it's really annoying/expensive.

Hmm never heard of that Dol I must say. Worth a go rather than chucking them straight away. Frustrating though!

Dol, is your picture of prince?

Aha, somebody else who likes him. I love him, i never really meet anyone else who does.
You clearly have excellent taste!

If they have been sitting unused for a while give them a good hard shaking to get all of the chemicals mixed back together. That should take it back to the normal consistency if they have been well sealed and stored at room temp.

Latest posts

Back