CND courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbleLove

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just about completed level 1 in hairdressing and there was a add on course which was manicure and nail art. I have passed the manicure with distinction on with the nail art now. I am not planning on moving onto level 2 hairdressing as I have fallen in love with nails. I am due to attend shellac and minx courses.

My question is do I go back to college and do the level 3 nail course or do the CND complete or gel brisa course?

My heart wants to do the CND courses!!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi

I Would definitely do CND course, I wish I would have done research before I started training 2years ago, would have saved a lot of money & time! I have completed each training courses twice lol, eg, essential Nails & college course now booked on to CND l&p March, can't wait, waxing - just waiting for Kim Lawless to come to nw to do her training. If I had done my homework I could of saved all this hassle. I have found that you need the best quality training & products if you want to have good business. Hope this helps. I visit this site every day have learned loads, but never post because I don't know how to use site lol :D

Thank for your reply! Huge help getting advice off someone who has had so much experience. I've done loads of research and it seems CND come out on top in the industry.

I have just given myself a headache trying to work out how to write a new thread... Got there in the end!

Thanks again!

I did exactly the same thing rushed into a college course and trained with other cheaper less known brands then I've had to save for the last year but have just done my cnd complete course it was the best thing I've done but I do feel I've wasted a year and a half and so much money it's like starting all over again and I'm doing a new lash course.
If I'd taken the time to research properly and trained with cnd in the beginning I'd b much further ahead and my business wud hopefully b going strong but hey this time nest year....
Hth xxx

Cnd definatly.

I wish I could train with CND! unfortunately I need to keep my current FT job while I train so i'm having to go the p/t NVQ college route & then covert, as CND only train in weekday:sad::sad: Does anyone know whether for L3 NVQ, you just have to have a mani/pedi course certificate? Or do you have to have completed L2? Basically my local college is charging £300+ VAT just for the L2 (Which i think is expensive for just essentially a manicure and pedicure course?) and so I'm thinking if there is another way around it. L3 is £550+ VAT but i can sort of justify that as it covers all enhancements so is better value! lol.

I would go with the CND course, I originally did all my training through college but have since done all the conversion courses with CND where I've learned so much more! If I was to do it all again, I would have went with CND in the first place! Good luck ;-)

I wish I could train with CND! unfortunately I need to keep my current FT job while I train so i'm having to go the p/t NVQ college route & then covert, as CND only train in weekday:sad::sad: Does anyone know whether for L3 NVQ, you just have to have a mani/pedi course certificate? Or do you have to have completed L2? Basically my local college is charging £300+ VAT just for the L2 (Which i think is expensive for just essentially a manicure and pedicure course?) and so I'm thinking if there is another way around it. L3 is £550+ VAT but i can sort of justify that as it covers all enhancements so is better value! lol.

It does raise an interesting point, would there be a market for a weekend course? Looking a the structure the first weekend would need to be 3 days to complete all the theory elements.

Then after that 6 further weekends - one weekend a month maybe?

This is exactly how my old massage school ran their training. Either weekends or one evening a week night class. It was bloody hard work, but so worth it to find a career I love and am so passionate about.

Good luck in whatever route you choose!

It does raise an interesting point, would there be a market for a weekend course? Looking a the structure the first weekend would need to be 3 days to complete all the theory elements.

Then after that 6 further weekends - one weekend a month maybe?

This is exactly how my old massage school ran their training. Either weekends or one evening a week night class. It was bloody hard work, but so worth it to find a career I love and am so passionate about.

Good luck in whatever route you choose!

Each CND Education Ambassador schedule classes as and when they can.
Most EA's have a full time jobs & families so will keep days for training out of their week.
A lot of the EA's offer Sunday classes, I for instance have classes on Saturdays, Sundays & Mondays but these depend on my family, clients and venue availability.

A lot of students who work would much rather have a day off during the week rather than lose a day at the weekend as they also have family commitments.

The Centre in Edinburgh & Glasgow offer Sunday classes to try and accommodate as many students as possible.

If any of you have any questions about weekend training the best thing to do is get in touch with your local EA and discuss what you require with her and you never know if there is enough demand in your area then she might be able to help.:hug:

I think there is definitely a market for evening/wkend CND courses or there wouldn't be any college courses etc available on that basis. I think even for people with families, as they too may have to work f/t. Its only ever going to be a short term thing anyway, so shouldn't impact their family time too much long term.

Klassy Klaws - Where are you based? I've heard that Shellac training is available at wkends but are the CND foundation courses like enhance, complete etc ever available over wkends? Its only 10 or 14 days dependant on the course so the scheduling over wkends shouldn't really be too bad! Even if it was a Fri/Sat/Sun etc then at least people would stand a better chance of getting a few days holiday booked off. I haven't paid for my NVQ yet so if there is anyway of doing the training with an CND EA evenings or wkends, then I would really like to look into!

Latest posts

Back