CND Gel convert course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
I am thinking about taking this course but would like geeks opinions before I do.
Has anyone done this and if so what did you think?

I did a night course at college a few years ago now and got the gel qualification, I think we trained using star nails products but in my opinion the course was terrible and the products cheap!, I have never done a set of gel nails without them breaking after a few days so gave up but I think this was down to the cheap gel and tips and not enough education etc.

Is this course just for one day, will I be taught how to blend tips, is the gel durable and will last on clients and is it worth my money. I no I should ring them to have a chat which I will do but just wanted your opinions first, I'd love to do l&p preferably but the course is to dear for me at the moment.

Any help or advice would be appreciated x

No, a Conversion Course is just that. It is to convert you to a new system giving you information about the products and showing you how to use them to get optimum results.
It is not to teach you how to do nails.

I would advise you would be best to do either some refresher training or another bbeginners training course.

No, a Conversion Course is just that. It is to convert you to a new system giving you information about the products and showing you how to use them to get optimum results.
It is not to teach you how to do nails.

I would advise you would be best to do either some refresher training or another bbeginners training course.

I don't need teaching, I just meant because the course I did taught me so little about the products will I be shown how to use these new products effectively.

Last edited:
Sorry I thought from what you posted here that you weren't confident from what you were previously taught in gel enhancements, and a conversion course might not suit your needs.
I used to take Conversion Courses and although everyone attending had to be qualified with over 6 months experience, a lot of people attended, unable to size or blend tips, build an apex or finish file properly. This meant they did not get full benefit from the day and leave still struggling. Obviously you want to get the best value for your money, I was trying to help you with that as the more information you have the more informed decision you can make.

Good luck with whatever direction you choose to go in.

Sorry I thought from what you posted here that you weren't confident from what you were previously taught in gel enhancements, and a conversion course might not suit your needs.
I used to take Conversion Courses and although everyone attending had to be qualified with over 6 months experience, a lot of people attended, unable to size or blend tips, build an apex or finish file properly. This meant they did not get full benefit from the day and leave still struggling. Obviously you want to get the best value for your money, I was trying to help you with that as the more information you have the more informed decision you can make.

Good luck with whatever direction you choose to go in.

I am fairly confident, I am able to size tips etc but like I said I did the course years ago with cheap products and not the best of training from the college and lost some of my confidence when a set of nails wouldn't last (in my opinion, the cheap products) and I have never invested in good quality products..

I read this about the course on the s2 website which is why I asked if they go over application etc, this is what confused me, I got the idea that although the course is just to teach you about their product they also go over application etc, correct me if I'm wrong?

"will focus on fundamental application skills, including Custom Zone Sculpting and Zone Finishing"

Thanks you for your help

Yes they show you how to apply the product in order to get the most out of it, you will also be watched applying the gel by the EA and given tips and advice where necessary. You will also cover the CND method of PREP and those products. It's a great course to introduce you to Brisa gel but if you want more such as help with how to correctly blend tips etc then you probably would be better off on the gel foundation course x

Yes they show you how to apply the product in order to get the most out of it, you will also be watched applying the gel by the EA and given tips and advice where necessary. You will also cover the CND method of PREP and those products. It's a great course to introduce you to Brisa gel but if you want more such as help with how to correctly blend tips etc then you probably would be better off on the gel foundation course x

Ah thank you that's what I wanted to no.
What do you get at the end if the day some kind of certificate? X

Yup you get a lovely big certificate 😊

Latest posts

Back